Complaint Review: The Cats Inn

• Updated: Sun, March 11, 2012

• Reported By: Eric4439555 — United States of America
The Cats Inn
San Carlos, California United States of America

The Cats Inn, San Carlos Samantha Doesn't take care of cats, terrible, awful do not go there! San Carlos, California

There are bad reviews about this place for a reason. READ THIS CAREFULLY. I have veterinarian documents to prove all of this.

I have had my cat groomed here many times, all of which went well.

I have boarded my cat here 3 times, 2 of which went horribly. The first time, she came home and was coughing and wheezing. She woke me up in the middle of the night with a cough attack... it scared me to death because she was having trouble getting air into her lungs. I immediately took her to the vet, and they said she probably caught a virus there, and gave her an antibiotic shot. So I thought maybe it was a fluke, and decided to try boarding her there again.

Second time, no major problems.

Third time, she came home filthy. Five minutes after picking her up, she threw up in the car, then proceeded to throw up 7 more times, including vomitting blood and having diarrhea. I immediately bathed her and noticed that there was a lot of feces stuck to her fur and her face was stained in her tears. I spent $400 taking her to the vet this time and they xrayed for "foreign objects" in her abdomen and did bloodwork to see if she had any kidney problems (due to not eating or drinking). nothing was determined or obvious so the vet has no idea why she is sick. They gave her an anti-nausea injection and a fluid injection to make sure she's well hydrated. I am orally feeding her antibiotics and a bland chicken diet for a week. The vet said to watch her closely... results TO BE DETERMINED. We'll see if she stops coughing up blood!!!

That being said, I wrote these same details to the Cats' Inn and asked for explanation and compensation. SAMANTHA, the store manager, returned my call. She offered ZERO sympathy and only said she checked the daily health log and then proceeded to defend all of their actions. She said that someone cleaned my cat's face before returning her to me. If that's what they call cleaning, then that's a big problem in itself... my cat's face had big black streaks down her nose that didn't look at all like someone had cleaned her. She said that my cat did have diarrhea on the last day, yet NOBODY REPORTED THAT TO ME when I picked her up. So far, I have spent around $700 in vet fees and medication trying to make my cat better.

Samantha proceeded to cut me off while I was talking, kept saying the reason my cat is puking is because she's "stressed", said she can't offer any refunds or compensation, and kept defending how great their facility is and how much they love their cats. Don't be fooled by all the marketing and that they send picture emails to reassure that your cat is ok while you are out of town.

In summary, one time, my cat could barely breath. Another time, she's covered in poop and puked blood 7 times with diarrhea. Rude, unsympathetic manager, that offered nothing to compensate my cat's health and trouble. Why even bother calling????!!!!

You be the judge if you want to risk boarding your cat there.

I know they will probably deny all of this but if you wish to know more details, feel free to contact me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2012 08:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Cats-Inn/San-Carlos-California-/The-Cats-Inn-San-Carlos-Samantha-Doesnt-take-care-of-cats-terrible-awful-do-not-go-the-852270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Cats Inn