Complaint Review: The Center For Special Needs

• Submitted: Fri, February 11, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, February 11, 2011

• Reported By: Jacki — Spokane Washington United States of America
The Center For Special Needs
4912 Creekside Drive, Clearwater, FL 33760 Clearwater, Florida United States of America

The Center For Special Needs The Center Supposedly set my funds into a pool trust account. Now I have VERY little,if any, access to them. Plus they charge me a fee and earn interest on my money! Clearwater, Florida

I am having a problem with a Trust Co. (The Center For Special Needs Trust Administration, Inc.......Clearwater, FL).  I am currently 55 years of age, and have been disabled for close to 15 years. I was receiving SSI until this past June. I am no longer eligible for SSI, as I own property in another state....but am not able to sell due to the economy, etc. The Trust Co. has ALWAYS been difficult to deal with, but now ...are doing practically NOTHING to assist me in my situation.   They are even telling me that I may not be able to continue receiving the oxygen that I have been getting for years, and that a necessary Cat Scan may not be approved by the "Board".  They keep saying they are looking out for my best interests (laughable!!!), but charge me a fee to "handle" my money....and invest it as well (for their own personal gain).... I am going in to sell plasma tomorrow in order to pay a bill.....My health is not good, and my son is concerned about this.   He does not think that they will take my blood due to my health, and that if they do....it may make me feel even worse.  I don't care, as I have no other way to survive at this point....A person can donate plasma twice weekly here, and be paid for it.  That is my intention....My kids are helping all that they can.  I have maxed out my credit cards, trying to do things the way The Center initially told me to do them....and to be able to buy food, gas (my son drives me around, as I am unable to drive), and other neccessities.The Trust Co. has changed my worker three times, and every time they do this....the requirements are different as to what I can get assistance with and how to go about it. I now am being told that I cannot PROVE my allegations as to what has been promised to me in the past.   This is just the tip of the iceberg.  Is there something that ANYONE can do??  Any assistance that you could give me in this matter would be greatly appreciated...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2011 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Center-For-Special-Needs/Clearwater-Florida-33760/The-Center-For-Special-Needs-The-Center-Supposedly-set-my-funds-into-a-pool-trust-account-694335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Center For Special Needs