Complaint Review: The Center for Association Resources

• Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012

• Reported By: Gigi — United States of America
The Center for Association Resources
1901 N. Roselle Road Schaumburg, Illinois United States of America

The Center for Association Resources Robert Patterson Horrible Company! Horrible CEO! Horrible Experience Schaumburg Illinois

*Author of original report: Horrible experience, horrible management!

I read these Ripoff Reports before taking a job at this company.  I thought, this is just one person's experience, it couldn't possibly be this bad!  It was, it actually was worse!  Yes, he monitors your email, yes he goes through your desk when you leave, yes you don't get paid what he promises or pays overtime, yes he doesn't do your paperwork, unless you hound him and yes he is bipolar.  I have to agree with some of the things already listed.  In my career history, I have never never never experienced what I experienced here.  The interview starts out great with amazing position details, tons of promises and alot of over promising.  Then you start this new job, you're excited to tackle this new position.  Little by little you start seeing that things aren't what they seem.  Noone ever takes the time to explain to you what your "job duties" consists of.  Then you are asked to not let anyone outside of the company know you are new.  That was the first sign.  Little do you know there were 6 other people in your previous position in the past year.  Then your job starts to turn into answering alot of backed up email and being assigned things that have deadlines that have been long over due!  Then you get blamed that these things are not done and your job is on the line.  But still noone has trained you or even taken a few minutes to explain anything.  Don't bother asking anyone for help because they roll their eyes and explain to you that, that isn't their job and you need to figure it out.  Or in Rob's words "Stop being an idiot, I can't hold your hand on everything".  Well I didn't expect or would like him to hold my hand but hey, maybe explain a thing or two.  Then you start thinking it's you and your work ethic or even start thinking, maybe I am an idiot.  Stop!  It isn't you, it's this company!  Their website if full of lies, yes I'm sure at one point they did have all these companies under their belts.  While I was there a few associations bailed.  Thank God those associations came to their senses.  I worked a 68  hour week and got paid for 40 hours, I was told to take time off but in the same breath was told that I had dead lines to meet.  In the short time I was there, Rob made several people cry.  But luckly those people made it out of there too.  If you get a call from Rob Patterson, hang up.  It's not worth your aggrivation or your sanity!  Honestly, I'm not a disgruntle employee, I just don't want this to happen to anyone else.  I was happy to leave and see it as a learning experience. It's not fun and makes you lose faith in people.  I too planned on doing something about my loss in pay but if I never see this man again, I'd be a happy camper!  This man is conartist and I can picture him with his fingers on his nose and rolling his eyes and that imagine is forever ingrained in my brain!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2012 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Center-for-Association-Resources/Schaumburg-Illinois-60195/The-Center-for-Association-Resources-Robert-Patterson-Horrible-Company-Horrible-CEO-Hor-935273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Center for Association Resources

Horrible experience, horrible management!

AUTHOR: Gigi - (United States of America)

I read these Ripoff Reports before taking a job at this company.  I thought, this is just one person's experience, it couldn't possibly be this bad!  It was, it actually was worse!  Yes, he monitors your email, yes he goes through your desk when you leave, yes you don't get paid what he promises or pays overtime, yes he doesn't do your paperwork, unless you hound him and yes he is bipolar.  I have to agree with some of the things already listed.  In my career history, I have never never never experienced what I experienced here.  The interview starts out great with amazing position details, tons of promises and alot of over promising.  Then you start this new job, you're excited to tackle this new position.  Little by little you start seeing that things aren't what they seem.  Noone ever takes the time to explain to you what your "job duties" consists of.  Then you are asked to not let anyone outside of the company know you are new.  That was the first sign.  Little do you know there were 6 other people in your previous position in the past year.  Then your job starts to turn into answering alot of backed up email and being assigned things that have deadlines that have been long over due!  Then you get blamed that these things are not done and your job is on the line.  But still noone has trained you or even taken a few minutes to explain anything.  Don't bother asking anyone for help because they roll their eyes and explain to you that, that isn't their job and you need to figure it out.  Or in Rob's words "Stop being an idiot, I can't hold your hand on everything".  Well I didn't expect or would like him to hold my hand but hey, maybe explain a thing or two.  Then you start thinking it's you and your work ethic or even start thinking, maybe I am an idiot.  Stop!  It isn't you, it's this company!  Their website if full of lies, yes I'm sure at one point they did have all these companies under their belts.  While I was there a few associations bailed.  Thank God those associations came to their senses.  I worked a 68  hour week and got paid for 40 hours, I was told to take time off but in the same breath was told that I had dead lines to meet.  In the short time I was there, Rob made several people cry.  But luckly those people made it out of there too.  If you get a call from Rob Patterson, hang up.  It's not worth your aggrivation or your sanity!  Honestly, I'm not a disgruntle employee, I just don't want this to happen to anyone else.  I was happy to leave and see it as a learning experience. It's not fun and makes you lose faith in people.  I too planned on doing something about my loss in pay but if I never see this man again, I'd be a happy camper!  This man is conartist and a liar.   He talks about everyone in a negative way, never has anything nice to say about the clients.  Always finds someone to blame, never taking responsibility!

I can picture him now, with his fingers on his nose and rolling his eyes and that imagine I will never forget!