Complaint Review: The Cheesecake Factory

• Submitted: Thu, August 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
The Cheesecake Factory
3975 Townsfair Way, Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

The Cheesecake Factory, The Cheesecake Factory I know your busy, but you should take some time to pull that stick out. Columbus Ohio

It was 6 pm when I and my aunt decided to go to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner, a place I'd never been. We called to see about reservations and how long the wait would be. We were informed they were not taking reservations and the wait would be an hour. We decided to wait until 7:30 pm with hopes that the dinner rush would be slowing down so the wait wouldn't be quite as long.

We arrived at 7:30 as planned and requested a table for two, we were told the wait would be 15-20 minutes we realized my cousin and uncle would be able to join us by that time so asked if the wait time was the same for four people as it was for two. We were told yes.

While we waited we saw three sets of two people come in and be seated within five minutes so the wait clearly was not the same as we were told, but that was fine by us. After 25 minutes we were called, our host had quite an attitude. He told use that unless our full party was present we would have to forfeit our position and wait again. We weren't told this at the beginning when it was clear our full party wasn't there. We told him they would be there within 5 minutes and we knew what they wanted to order if that was the issue. He told us "no you'll just have to wait again." I asked him why we were told there was no time difference between seating two people and seating four when there clearly was and he simply gave me a smug smile and told us to sit down for another 20 minutes.

We told him to forget it that we were leaving and he smiled smugly and said "whatever bye." We never once heard sorry, please, or thank you it was just rude and he had a very snotty attitude.

Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2008 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Cheesecake-Factory/Columbus-Ohio/The-Cheesecake-Factory-The-Cheesecake-Factory-I-know-your-busy-but-you-should-take-some-362929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Cheesecake Factory