Complaint Review: The Church of Scientology-Celebrity Centre International

• Updated: Wed, August 22, 2012

• Reported By: Paul — Los Angeles California United States of America
The Church of Scientology-Celebrity Centre International
5930 Franklin Avenue Hollywood, California United States of America

The Church of Scientology-Celebrity Centre International SCAM ARTISTS REFUSE TO HANDLE MY REFUND Hollywood, California

The Church of Scientology is seriously the biggest scam EVER!

My fianc & I were invited to the Celebrity Centre because they have all sorts of "artist specific" courses/classes. We went to just check it out despite all of the negative attention it has.

They separated us & lied to us to get us to sign up for one of their elementary style workbooks! We both told them we needed to discuss it with each other before we made a decision & they lied to both of us "claiming" the other one already signed up. We both thought it was strange but went ahead and signed up.

When we were ushered into the theatre to watch their "introductory movie", we mentioned our surprise to each other. Only to reveal their scheme. At the end of the movie the non-actor makes a comment about basically your decision is either Scientology or walking out the doors and "blowing your brains out" -exact quote! We were so disturbed by their consistent mention of "blowing your brains out".

When we saw the people who signed us up I flipped out. They panicked and pulled us into an office and shut the door. They claimed it was all a misunderstanding & we demanded our refunds.

Years later my fianc receives an email from them stating they had a FREE screenwriters workshop. She couldn't make it but asked me to go in her place as a favor. There was SOME information at the sw workshop but it was aimed more at signing people up for their membership.

They remembered BOTH our names from years before & asked me to give them a second chance "claiming" they fired the people who originally signed us up. He told me that if I wasn't satisfied for any reason, he'd give me a refund, no questions asked.

I went to one class and it wasn't for me, so I began my request "process" for my refund. That was in June. I've called 5 times & went in once to get my refund and they have YET to issue it. They keep taking messages & never return calls. We've had MORE than enough patience with these CROOKS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Church-of-Scientology-Celebrity-Centre-International/Hollywood-California-90028/The-Church-of-Scientology-Celebrity-Centre-International-SCAM-ARTISTS-REFUSE-TO-HANDLE-MY-931182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Church of Scientology-Celebrity Centre International