Complaint Review: The Coleman Company - Team Products International Inc

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 12, 2012

• Reported By:Saint Paul Minnesota
The Coleman Company - Team Products International Inc
3 Entin Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054 Parsippany, New Jersey U.S.A.

The Coleman Company - Team Products International Inc continued problems with Coleman Company shamelessly prostituting their name Parsippany New Jersey

*General Comment: Don't blame Coleman

Similar to other complaints from supposed "Coleman" products coming from the now defunct company of Team Products International, I too have had a less than pleasurable experience. I purchased a portable air compressor that worked for all of 1 week. After which would proceed to blow a fuse every time I tried to use the compressor. I returned it at the retailer for a new one only to find the same problem. Unfortunately I lost the receipt and my attempts to contact the company have been fruitless (just recently discovered Team Products no longer exists... astounded they went out of business). Now I am stuck with this POS compressor with no satisfaction and a deep distrust of the Coleman brand name. I am unsure why an established and quality company such and Coleman would risk their integrity and brand name by allowing another company to distribute inferior products but I as a consumer will never be able to purchase another Coleman product with confidence again (if I ever do choose to buy Coleman again).

Staigs
Saint Paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 08:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Coleman-Company-Team-Products-International-Inc/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/The-Coleman-Company-Team-Products-International-Inc-continued-problems-with-Coleman-Comp-340876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Coleman Company - Team Products International Inc

#1 General Comment

Don't blame Coleman

AUTHOR: Bernie - (United States of America)

I have used many Coleman and Coleman branded products over the years. I know that The Coleman Company doesn't give permission to a branded company to use their(Coleman's) lantern without having inspected the product and the company asking to put the lantern on their product.

While I have a vacuum from Team Products, branded by Coleman complete with latern, that failed after a few years to recharge as directed, I bear neither ill will. I hardly think Team Porducts went into business to fail. Nor do I think Coleman allowed Team Product to use their logo knowing Team Products products were faulty.

Any complaint to the contrary is just an angry lashing out at Coleman because there is nobody else to lash out at. With more than twenty years in business I have seen products and companys come and go. Been stuck with and by a few and no I am not naive!

Coleman does not risk the family reputation on faulty product or companies. Just shows anyone can get hoodwinked!