Complaint Review: The College Network, Southeast Financial

• Updated: Wed, May 12, 2010

• Reported By:Spring Lake New Jersey
The College Network, Southeast Financial
CollegeNetwork.classesusa.com Internet U.S.A.

The College Network, Southeast Financial misrepresentation, lousy materials, harassing phone calls Indianapolis Indiana Internet

*Consumer Comment: Pissed in Louisiana

*UPDATE Employee: Your College Network concerns

When I signed up with TCN they promised me the world-guarantees to pass tests, online tutors, quality materials. I fell for it because I could not afford to pay the total costs of the books and materials for Excelsior College for each course all at once. It seemed like a good option.

I got the books. they are not quality materials. They fell apart and I had to buy new binders to put the pages in.

I was promised follow-up and support, but once the payments started going to Southeast financial I never heard from them again.

Southeast Financial got their payments on time for two years via auto-pay from my bank account. I then experienced some financial disasters and asked that the auto payments be stopped and was promised a coupon book. I have asked for it several times and never got it. What I got was rude people on the phone. I asked that they send me the coupon book and quit calling me. they have told me I can't pay the payments online and have to call them to make the payments. In the meantime, they keep calling my cellphone (don't know how they got the number) which I use for work. They call me during my work hours. I have asked them repeatedly to stop doing that and send me statements but they won't.

Do not fall for this. I also did Enroll in Excelsior College and on their website they show the companies who offer study materials for the degree program who are reputable and guess what? The College Network is not listed.

I guess I am stuck with paying these sheisters. Don't make my mistake.

Irritated lvn
Spring Lake, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2008 04:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-College-Network-Southeast-Financial/internet/The-College-Network-Southeast-Financial-misrepresentation-lousy-materials-harassing-pho-351343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The College Network, Southeast Financial

Pissed in Louisiana

AUTHOR: Shannon - (United States of America)

I too was ripped off by TCN/Southeast Financial Credit Union, tell me how the loan process works, SFCU paid TCN, how is it that Rick of TCN make the statement that he saw where a request was made for a coupon book, a request that was made to the credit union? And that the person who took the request no longer works for TCN. I'm confused!!!

Your College Network concerns

AUTHOR: The College Network - (U.S.A.)

Carol,

I see that a coupon book was ordered for you as of July 15th. I am not sure why one would not have been ordered sooner. I see the request was submitted, but the person the request was submitted to was no longer with TCN. I apologize and assure you that was an unusual circumstance.

As long as payments are kept current, Southeast Financial Credit Union would have no reason to contact you.

With regard to your complaint about the materials, we would be more than happy to exchange them for you. From time to time materials are damaged in shipping, that is why we make them available online through our resource center and we can also provide additional print copies.

Academic Support is available online with our online chat feature. If you run into problems with studies, feel free to contact us via web chat, e-mail, or our toll-free number.

If you have any questions or concerns that you feel were not addressed, please feel free to contact me at 1-800-634-1443.

Thanks,