containing

• Submitted: Sat, December 16, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, December 16, 2006

• Reported By:Greenwood South Carolina
The College Network
3815 River Crossing Pkwy Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

The College Network Dishonest Reps Rude Customer Service Personnel Ripoff Artists Indianapolis Indiana

On Friday June 6, 2006, I attended a seminar sponsored by The College Network. I was really interested in their LPN to RN program at the time. After hearing the presentation, I was convinced that the program was out of my reach financially. The "salesman" skillfully persuaded me to fill out the paperwork (contract), and give my decision a little more thought before totally saying no. I should have walked out right then!

We had a "gentlemens agreement" that he would not, I repeat, NOT process the paperwork until he heard back from me, and I had come up with a plan to pay for the program (repay the loans). I never gave the Rep any financial information and I didn't make the $100 downpayment. On June 8th, I went on active military duty in Florida. When I returned two weeks later, there were several boxes waiting for me. To my amazement, they contained manuals from The College Network. I called TCN and got a very rude "You signed the contract!" from the female representative. She didn't want to hear any explanations. Any subsequent phone calls, and there have been many, have been a complete waste of time. I have spoken with a VP and several customer service reps to no avail. My credit has taken a major hit. During my last phone call, I spoke with a VP. He informed me that my account had been charged-off and that I would be contacted by American Credit Exchange, a collections agency, in the near future. I asked about the possibility of drastic payment reductions and basicly got laughed at by this guy. I find it funny that he knew exactly which collections agency would be contacting me.

Today I received my first letter from that agency. I googled them and found that there is an office located at "3815 River Crossing Pkwy, Indianapolis, IN 46240". TCN is also located at "3815 River Crossing Pkwy, Indianapolis, IN 46240". That's just a little bit fishy to me. To make a long story short, I never gave the rep the go ahead to process that paperwork. I've never made the downpayment that was supposed to start the process. I did in fact sign a contract that I had no way of fulfilling at the time, trust a totally untrustworthy Representative of TCN, and got no help from a very untrustworthy organization in TCN itself. My goals at this point are to return the useless manuals, have the Credit Union reimbursed of all their monies, and to erase this blemish on my credit.

Merv
Greenwood, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2006 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-College-Network/Indianapolis-Indiana-46240/The-College-Network-Dishonest-Reps-Rude-Customer-Service-Personnel-Ripoff-Artists-Indianap-225808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The College Network