• Report: #681942

Complaint Review: The College Network

• Submitted: Wed, January 12, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, March 07, 2011

• Reported By: Corporate slayer — Newark New Jersey U.S.A.
The College Network
3815 River Crossing Parkway Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

The College Network The College Network / Oak Rock Financial, LLC / United First Federal Financial Corporation (UFF) SCAM BEWARE! Indianapolis, Indiana

*Author of original report: LETTER RECEIVED - THE COLLEGE NETWORK (TCN)

*Author of original report: SORRY TO HEAR AND HEAR IS SOME ADVISE!

*Consumer Comment: another college network victim

*Author of original report: TCN THE COLLEGE NETWORK

*Author of original report: Thanx - BUT - PARTIAL REFUND RECIEVED

*Author of original report: THE COLLEGE NETWORK - UPDATE / PARTIAL REFUND

*Author of original report: THE COLLEGE NETWORK IS A SCAM / STILL NO RESPONSE

*UPDATE Employee: refund

*Author of original report: UPDATE FOR THE COLLEGE NETWORK

*Author of original report: UPDATE / THE COLLEGE NETWORK 01.19.2010

*Author of original report: UPDATE / THE COLLEGE NETWORK

I was hoping to further my education and advance in my career. In conjunction with Monster.com I entered in for some information from The College Network.

Sad MISTAKE!

I place a deposit for the Four (4) Courses and then started paying the monthly payments, purchased my book and awaited happily for my course log in information and other materials.

Well the contract for finance came quick and easy - then a call or two - then NOTHING, I have called four times to get my log-in information but they say we have sent it via email and if you are not getting it - "well that not our issue" - I asked can you mail it via USPS - "NO"

Here I am making payments for a product and services NEVER RENDERED. I have attempted to resolve the matter they have not. All it seems is they are interested in getting paid and if you default they threaten you that they will sue you and damage your credit (UFF) / OAK ROCK FINANCIAL.

I have called all three and I get pass around more than a whore on a street corner and they are SERIOUS about getting monies out of you without providing a product. So I start looking around the net and reading TONS and I mean TONS of complaints - I HAVE BEEN TAKEN.

Next Step file a BBB complaint but they seems to side with The College Network and they give them an "A" rating. If that fails then it's of to the Attorney Generals Office of Consumer Affairs and Hire legal representation so I might protect my good name.

I is very sad that they can not / will not / work with me or even offer a settlement to the balance of a product and or service that I have never recieved and can not access.

BEWARE AND DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AT ANY COST - IF THEY CALL YOU JUST HANG UP AND COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2011 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-College-Network/Indianapolis-Indiana-46240/The-College-Network-The-College-Network-Oak-Rock-Financial-LLC-United-First-Federal-681942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The College Network

LETTER RECEIVED - THE COLLEGE NETWORK (TCN)

AUTHOR: Corporate slayer - (U.S.A.)

I received a letter from Bernard J. Schrader (Director of Customer Relations); The College Network, Inc.

There letter simply stated:  "The College Newtork, Inc." (TCN) appreciates your business and acknowledges your account with OAK ROCK FINANCIAL #-###-##### was close on January 13,2011."

The return address was 5920 S. Rainbow Blvd. Suite 7 Las Vegas, NV 89118-4209 with a phone number of 702-214-4444 or 888-826-9378 and a fax line of 702-214-1414.

I was expecting something to the affect that the "course / program" was terminated in full and a full refund had been issued but the letter was GENERAL in all aspects and released me of any further obligation but it did not.

As far as I am concerned the matter is MUTED and FINALIZED with a FULL REFUND ISSUED and the matter closed.

SORRY TO HEAR AND HEAR IS SOME ADVISE!

AUTHOR: Corporate slayer - (U.S.A.)

I received a full refund, but NOT without threatening to take them to my State Attorney General Office.
I would if you are and have tried within the allot time to cancel the "contract" send them a certified and NOTARIZED LETTER, and if you have a lawyer I would forward that with him.

1.)  Make sure to keep TIME AND DATE of your calls, if you called on your cell phone it is recorded time and date and number you called.

2.)  Make sure when you call you note what you called about and to whom you spoke.

3.)  I would consider a cease and desist letter as well.

4.)  Also have them in WRITING show what they are telling you, they seems to twist the facts to their advantage.

5.)  File with the BBB, you can do this online and make sure to keep all the emails to and from the BBB and TCN (The College Network)

6.)  RETURN all material they have sent you and also a letter as to why and your prior attempts to clear the matter and lack of either communication or willingness to work with you. NOTE MAKE SURE THIS IS SENT SIGN RETURN RECEIPT CERTIFIED AND INSURED.

7.)  Start posting you weekly updates here on RIP OFF REPORT and keep everyone notified as to what they said and or what they promised or other inaction they might have done.

8.) Make sure if you FINANCED this "PROGRAM" that has little if any accreditation to any COLLEGE that I can see (but I am no EXPERT, clearly you have to make that call; this is MY OPINION) make sure to contact that financing company as well with any communication that you have with TCN (The College Network).

9.)  Best of luck, my matter is closed and has been "HANDLED WITH REFUND" but only after pulling some teeth for a T-REX's mouth!

another college network victim

AUTHOR: eupstdnt - (United States of America)

Should have known college network program was too good to be true.  Just trying to go forward with RN program and keep my job.  Phoned the network to file for refund 30 days after "starting" the program.  Was told there are no refunds because, "they offer a service".  My question is what service?  They provide 1 hard cover module with all other modules online.  I teach myself and take a test. Oh that's right, they set up the appointment for me to take the test...for which i am quite capable of doing that myself.  Then most recently just recieved a statement saying that my advisor has finally looked over my college transcripts and they decided to give me credit for A&P but....wouldnt except my chemistry credits....Class Action sounds like the way to go.  Anyone contacted the BBB?

TCN THE COLLEGE NETWORK

AUTHOR: Corporate slayer - (U.S.A.)

REFUND COMPLETE - Cancellation Letter being drafted.

WILL UPDATE WHEN I GET THE PAPERWORK RELEASING ME OF THIS NIGHTMARE.

Thanx - BUT - PARTIAL REFUND RECIEVED

AUTHOR: Corporate slayer - (U.S.A.)

As of today I have received a Check for only a partial refund I am still owed $232.50.

I would commend The College Network as to it's release of my funds, but I also still need a cancellation letter, releasing me of any further dealing with your company.

I will continue to update this posting until the matter is resolved fully.

Respectfully,

Corporate Slayer

THE COLLEGE NETWORK - UPDATE / PARTIAL REFUND

AUTHOR: Corporate slayer - (U.S.A.)

As of today 02.09.2011 I received a REFUND of $443.79 out of the $676.29, I have paid them for the PMP course that I never received.

Balance due to me remains to be $232.50 and I will post that update when it comes through.

No to the bank to deposit the Check and verify funds.

I will keep you posted as to my communications with The College Network (TCN) and Oak Rock Financial.

Regards!

THE COLLEGE NETWORK IS A SCAM / STILL NO RESPONSE

AUTHOR: Corporate slayer - (U.S.A.)

TICK TOCK COLLEGE NEWORK - WHERE IS MY REFUND YOU PROMISED FOR GOODS NOT DELIVERED!

NEXT STEP ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE!

SCAM ARTIST!

refund

AUTHOR: The College Network - (U.S.A.)

Dear Corporate slayer,

Generally it can take up to 6 weeks to receive your refund. You are welcome to contact Customer Support at 1-800-634-1443 to check on it's status.

Thanks

UPDATE FOR THE COLLEGE NETWORK

AUTHOR: Corporate slayer - (U.S.A.)

Asof Today Friday 28 January 2011 - 8:48 PM I have yet to hear anything via voice, letter, or email from The College Network.

Seems that "Happiness" from The College Network is full of the brown stuff that may dog leaves on the front lawn!

Truly if they were a REAL COMPANY THAT HONORED the product that they dish out then they would do the right thing.

But as of yet I have yet to receive a refund from The College Network or have I had any further communication which leads me to believe that this company is a SHAM and a SCAM!

BEWARE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

They have misrepresented just about everything and they have yet to provide a product that they are charging me nearly 4k bucks for.

Also do not do business with OAK ROCK FINANCIAL - they are the "student loan" company which is actually a CONSUMER LOAN and you have little to no way of working with them they are HOOK AND CROOK TOO!

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!

UPDATE / THE COLLEGE NETWORK 01.19.2010

AUTHOR: Corporate slayer - (U.S.A.)

Well, after speaking with Happiness with The College Network on 01.12.2011, I have yet to see any checks or a letter releasing me from the "contract."

Being that Monday was a holiday, I am ASSUMING that the check is in the mail but they have not made any effort in contacting me further as of today 01.19.2011.

Happiness from The College Network (TCN) did state that if they were not a reputable company that they would not honor the refund being that I NEVER received the product. I guess time will tell on this matter and I will update accordingly.

UPDATE / THE COLLEGE NETWORK

AUTHOR: Corporate slayer - (U.S.A.)

Spoke with "Happiness" and she advise me that they would REFUND my money.

She stated that if they were a non-respectful they would not refund my money and keep me in the "contract" even if services have never been provided.

No is the waiting game for them to prove themselves "HONEST" and refund my monies to me ASAP.

Will keep you posted!