Complaint Review: The Company Corporation

The Company Corporation
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

The Company Corporation annual renewal of LLC Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: We strive for customer satisfaction, please contact us

I have a small lawn care service with my husband.  We are not big, we just offer basic lawn care services such as front and back yard cuts, weed eating, edging, bush trimming, etc.  We have no employees, it's just me and him for now.  We signed up with The Company Corporation to form an LLC for our business only because last year I was thinking of working for a company called Arise.  If Arise hired me to work from home as an independent contractor, I would need to form an LLC, according to them.

I first realized that The Company Corporation was a scam when I payed $400 to form an LLC.  $99 of it went toward what they told me would be a business license.  The woman on the phone explained to me that I would recieve my business license in a few days in the mail.  After a few days past, I called back, because I did not recieve my business license.  Then the woman explained she told me that it would be a "business research package," and that I would have to pay an extra $100 or more for a business license.  When I asked to speak to management, my concerns were not acknowledged, and they told me they would not give me the money back off a "research package" I ordered! Then in March I recieved an invoice dated for 12/10/2011 stating that I need to pay $235 for my company.  When I contacted The Company Corporation they explained, yes, I had to pay an annual renewal fee.  I then contacted the Georgia Secretary of State, that handles business licenses, renewals, etc.  They explained to me that I would only have to pay a $50 annual renewal fee.  So once again, the Company corporation was trying to scam me out of more money.

My advice to everyone is do not do business with this company.  This company is a scam, and trying to get every cent out of hard working people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2012 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Company-Corporation/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19101-3397/The-Company-Corporation-annual-renewal-of-LLC-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-854360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Company Corporation

We strive for customer satisfaction, please contact us

AUTHOR: Customer Service Manager - (United States of America)

We value feedback from every customer.   Please contact Melanie Adams, Customer Service Team Leader at your earliest convenience (1-800-315-9420 x68590) so we can resolve your concern.