I registered a business license through CorpAmerica, another name for The Company Corporation who tries to acquire payments from you illegally. I had no idea how truly fraudulent this company is. This is how their two-tier fraud works:
1. You register your license under one of their other names; Corp America.
CorpAmerica, Inc., Telephone: 800-454-8056, www.corpamerica.com
2. You are provided with a link to download your business license, and you are instructed that you are not allowed to use their registered agent as your representative or contact for business activities.
The name then changes from CorpAmerica to The Company Corporation, which is the company name they try to collect payments illegally from you.
All other business notifications are issued in the name of CorpAmerica. Thus CorpAmerica doesn't come in the crossfire for bad reviews of the illegal invoicing by The Company Corporation.
3. One year later you will start getting a Registered Agent invoices for $230 (or more) from The Company Corporation, not CorpAmerica, with demands to pay for "Statutory Representation". You may not want their service so you decline. It doesn't matter; they will basically try to force you to pay their fee. If you refuse they demand you to pay a "cancellation fee" for a service you never had in the first place! And if you still object and refuse to pay they threaten with debt collection proceedings.
Its a deliberate scam from start to finish.
You are not obligated to use their services if you don't want to. Any matters related to your business license is between you and the State of Delaware - not between you and CorpAmerica/The Company Corporation.
4. This is the notice they will send you when you object to sign-up (with no contact name):
"Thank you for your message. According to the Secretary of State's records, this company is still active and has not been formally dissolved. In order to discontinue Registered Agent service and any invoices for which the coverage period has not yet begun, we will need you to send a copy of
the official evidence of your dissolution filing, stamped and approved by the Secretary of State, to our office. This documentation can be emailed or faxed to us at 302-636-5454. The Company Corporation can assist in a formal dissolution filing if you wish. We charge a service fee of $125.00 in addition to the state fees. If you would like to place an order, we begin the process with a nonrefundable $50.00 deposit to prepare the fee breakdown and paperwork for you. Please feel free to contact one of our Business Specialists at 800-818-6082 or 302-636-5440 to place an order. You can also contact the state directly to verify this at 302-739-3769. We thank you for your business."
They try to dupe you with deceptive terminology. If you still don't agree to "if you wish" use their service they continue sending invoices to you and finally debt collection threats. In other words, you have no opt-in or opt-out. Unless you pay them.
5. They have over 100 complaints filed against them with the BBB:
Yet the BBB continues giving them an A+ rating! This company has shown repeated effort to fraud people and need a BBB F rating.
THIS IS A FRAUD PRACTICE. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY OR ANY OF THE OTHER COMPANIES THEY OPERATE UNDER. IF YOU DO YOU WILL HAVE MONTHS OF BATTLES AND INVOICES SENT TO COLLECTIONS TO DESTROY YOUR CREDIT RATING:
Corporate Agents, Inc.
The Company Corp.
The United State Corporation Company
Registered Agent Authority