plot

• Updated: Thu, October 25, 2012

• Reported By: Gil — Leawood Kansas United States of America
The Company Corporation
2711 Centerville Road Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

The Company Corporation The Perpetual Registered Agent Scheme Wilmington, Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Fraud of the worst kind.

*Consumer Comment: It's all true, they practice deseptive business

*UPDATE Employee: We strive for 100% customer satisfaction, please contact us so we can resolve this issue

I signed up for The company Corporation to serve as my Registered Agent for my LLC. This was presented to me as an annual service, for which I would have to renew each year.

I received a renewal notice for this year. I did not want to continue to use The Company Corporation as my Registered Agent, so I did not pay the invoice.

I have now received a notice from a collections agency, trying to collect the Annual Fee for this year. When I called the Company Corporation, their explanation was that, in order not to be billed, I would have needed to contact the state of Kansas and remove them as my Registered Agent. This was not indicated to me on any correspondence I received about renewal, and certainly wasn't after the payment period passed.

Oddly enough, on all the "pay us or else" notices, it indicates that if I don't pay they will discontinue my statutory representation...and refer me to a collection agency. How come they can discontinue it for non-payment in that case, and not discontinue because I simply did not renew?

Lastly, as my Registered Agent, why didn't they receive notice from the State that my corporation registration was about to lapse in July, and notify me. In other words, they discontinued representing me as of January, but still want me to pay for a year's representation.

As a small LLC, I should have simply listed myself as the Registered Agent. It's not worth the $250 to be on a perpetual renewal program with a collectionj agency threat behind it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Company-Corporation/Wilmington-Delaware-19808/The-Company-Corporation-The-Perpetual-Registered-Agent-Scheme-Wilmington-Delaware-946042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Company Corporation

Fraud of the worst kind.

AUTHOR: Juan C - (United States of America)

The same thing happened to me, they are trying to charge me to be a registered agent that they took upon themselves to do without my permission.  Now they are no longer my registered agent but they still insist in charging me this fee.

Calling and talking to the company corporation regarding this matter has been very unproductive, the employees are rude, demeaning and argumentative and simply will state that you still owe this amount.  I am assuming that this is a complaint they receive a lot of and figured its best to deal with it by bullying the customer into it.

Since neither the OP nor I am the only ones that this has happened I believe the only solution would be to participate in a class action suit.   This is fraud pure and simple.

It's all true, they practice deseptive business

AUTHOR: appmonger - (United States of America)

I agree whole hardly regarding this statement made about the company corporation. They enjoy billing it's clients 90 days out before their annual register agent anniversary date.

Basically you're paying for less that 12 months of services and they enjoy being fear mongers. I can understand sending out bills ahead of time but imposing it's company policy onto its clients like that is unethical and sneaky business practices.

If you do not pay within the first month of getting the bill they enjoy charging you double the fee on the next statement and so forth.

They do not disclose this information or tell its client you have to pay us in 9 months or else. I've done business with them before and had some positive times with them. But this register services they offer are simply deceptive and poor management of its executive who think its awesome to impose fees, policies and terms just because they say so.

I've also had several botched attempts in their filling process. My take away of my personal experience have been you have to review and review along with spelling things out for them because they will screw it up sooner or later even after you spelled it for them.

They act like they're hurting for money by charging you 90 days out from your 12 months of services and hitting you with late fees on your 60 days notice and so forth.

Someone needs to make this company legally accountable for its deceptive and fraudulent ways of doing business.

AUTHOR: Customer Service Manager - (United States of America)

We value feedback from every customer.   Please contact Melanie Adams, Customer Service Team Leader at your earliest convenience (1-800-315-9420 x68590) so we can resolve your concern.