Complaint Review: The Company Store - Buyer's Edge

• Updated: Mon, October 08, 2007

• Reported By:Vienna Virginia
The Company Store - Buyer's Edge
thecompanystore.com Internet U.S.A.

The Company Store - Buyer's Edge credit card scam for "free gas card" if I join Buyer's Edge Internet

I ordered items from the Company Store several months ago and was given a high-pressure sell to sign up for a "free $50 gas card" which would be sent to me with some materials to join Buyer's Edge. If I didn't like the deal, I could cancel at any time and still keep the gas card, and not be charged anything at all. I DID NOT SIGN UP for the gas card!!! I never received anything in the mail about the "deal" and never thought about it again.

Then, two months later, I reviewed my credit card and saw a charge from the Company Store, for $99.00. The entry, just like my real purchase from a few months ago, started with the letters HDI* . I had not bought anything, so I tried to find out more. I looked online and found this RIPOFF site which had tons of entries about different scams that started with the Company Store. That was when I remembered about that hard sell offer.

So I called the Company Store and asked them to remove the charge, and they said it wasn't their charge, it was from Buyer's Edge and I would have to call them. So I told the Company Store about all the negative publicity on this site. I said that if they had contracted with this company to charge people for the "deal", then they were getting a bad reputation and that the amount of negative publicity was astounding. The sales rep might want to take this information to management and let them know about this site.

So I read more on the Rip-off site and decided to immediately call my credit card company, who started a dispute form, and cancelled my credit card. That's a bummer because of all the other automatic payments on that card! They'll issue another card, but still, what a pain. The credit card company also said they would reverse the charge in the next 1-2 business days. We'll see.

Thanks to this site for getting me the right info right away.

Vienna, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2007 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Company-Store-Buyers-Edge/internet/The-Company-Store-Buyers-Edge-credit-card-scam-for-free-gas-card-if-I-join-Buyers-Ed-277827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Company Store - Buyer's Edge