Complaint Review: The Computer Guy

• Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013

• Reported By: Mathew — San Diego California United States of America
The Computer Guy
3266 1/2 Rosecrans Street San Diego, California United States of America

The Computer Guy "The Computer Guy San Diego"" and $69 Desktop Repair" and "Laptop Repair" Fraud, thieft, not licensed to conduct business San Diego, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Lady ,There Was No We Just Her, is lying!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The person is simply lying!

We took our laptop to James P. O'Fallin, owner of "The Computer Guy" (CompGuy@cox.net) for repair.  The following day when we went to pick up our PC, O'Fallin's office was closed and remained closed while he listed our computer "For Sale by Owner" on Craigslist and sold.  After the police arrested O'Fallin for theft, O'Fallin changed his story, stating he has our PC; then forged our name on a receipt he wrote stating we approved him selling our PC.  We never saw our PC again and were not reimbursed for our loss.  O'Fallin's not licensed to sell computers either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Computer-Guy/San-Diego-California-92110/The-Computer-Guy-The-Computer-Guy-San-Diego-and-69-Desktop-Repair-and-Laptop-Repair-1010960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Computer Guy

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Lady ,There Was No We Just Her, is lying!

AUTHOR: Jim The Computer Guy - ()

The Lady who is making these false statements has already been proven to be lying about the events that happened.

To set the record straight which can be verified by the San Diego Police Department, this lady brought me her Laptop and asked me to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows. She said she was buying a new Laptop and was going to sell the one she wanted me to do the work on.

She asked me how much I would charge to do the work and I told her $100. She said all she could pay me was $25 which I replied I'm sorry but I can't do it for $25.She then asked me how much I thought she could get for her Laptop if she sold it on Craigslist?

I told her that it was about a 3 or 4 year old Laptop and it was about $400 to $500 new and she could only get maybe $150 to $250 on Craigslist for it.

She then asked me if I would do the work and then post an add on Craigslist for her to sell it and when it sold she would pay me the $100 for my work. I reluctantly agreed because this ment I would also have to take my time to post an ad on Craigslist for her.

Since she was an elderly lady (I try to give elderly customers a little more help if needed) I agreed to post her Laptop on Craigslist.

So I had her fill out an invoice (THANK GOD I DID THIS!) and about 4 or 5 days later I had a buyer come to my office just before closing time buy the Laptop. So I was going to call her the next day and tell her it sold for $200 and come get her $100 after I was paid for my work.

Instead the next morning the SD cops come to my office and try to arrest me for stealing her laptop and selling it on Craigslist. That was until I show the officer the invoice that she wrote in her handwritting aproving everything I just explained happened with this lady. Once the Officer read the invoice he said he was sorry for any inconvenience. I told the officer I had $100 for her to which he called her from his car and then told me she didn't want to money that she was going to take me to small claims court.

A week later someone from the SD district attorney's office call me and I explained to that person what I just stated here and they said there is no case here and thanked me for my time.

Anyone who wants to can contact both the SD Police and or the District Attorney's Office and they will verify what I have just stated is the truth. Plus I have many happy customers who will testify that I am an honest and good man.

As for the lady who has done this to me, it's time to take legal action against her for all the business I have lost because of this lie she has post against me for all the world to see.

Maam you have cost me money and it's time for me to clear my name and get back lost business you cause me!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The person is simply lying!

AUTHOR: Jim The Computer Guy - ()

To set the record straight which can be verified by the San Diego, this lady brought me her Laptop and asked me to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows. She said she was buying a new Laptop and was going to sell the one she wanted me to do the work on.