Complaint Review: The Coral Resorts Hilton Head SC

• Submitted: Mon, April 29, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, April 18, 2014

• Reported By: Nancy South Carolina — Santee South Carolina
The Coral Resorts Hilton Head SC

The Coral Resorts Hilton Head SC Have a lawyer of your own look at the papers before signing Internet

*Consumer Comment: False info Please Help! Going broke!

*Consumer Comment: Please Help!!!

*Consumer Comment: PLEASE HELP!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Coral Help

Stay away from Coral Resort at Hilton head. hat ever you do have a out of the office attorney read the paper work. We sure have gotten into something we need some attorney advice to get out off. We feel that we were taken advantage of.
We had been looking for a while about getting a time share. So when we went to Hilton Head for our Anniversary we went on a tour for The Coral Resort and loved what we saw and felt it was going to be something we could afford and enjoy. Understand my husband is a soldier in the Army and deploys got many times. So we felt this would be a great purchase for us and to get out family together before he would have to deploy. So after everything we decided to purchase. We had the sales rep and the acting attorney who works for the company and the closing attorney came over with a good deal for us. So we said yes but had a few question after reading the contract. 1. are pets allowed in the resorts. We were told yes that they all had pet friendly rooms. 2nd. how early do we need to make reservation before planing on coming. During season as soon as you know but during the fall and winter time 2 weeks would be good because they are not busy. 3. are there any extra charges when you make reservation. No not at all. Ok so then they said they would add this into the contract.  Now when they came back to us they told us we would have to pick up our paper work the next day because there copy machine was not working right. But that they were having a breakfast free to all the people whom purchased the day we did. So the next morning we got ready went to the breakfast and received our paper work from the acting attorney said everything was done and handed us 2 tickets to a dinner cruise that evening and Happy Anniversary. See this was our 21st anniversary and we were so happy that we had gotten something we wanted so bad. Anyway we did not open the paper work because we had trusted them. Had our breakfast went out to toured some of Hilton Head and to the beach went on the dinner cruise and had a beautiful evening. Anyway in December 2012 we found out my husband was deploying in Feb so we called to make reservation and was told they had something but that we would have to stay 1 week in one resort that only had 2 bedrooms and the next week  another resort that also only had a 2
 bedroom.  See we purchased a 3 bedroom. So anyway we thought that would be ok we can make due. Next thing we no we get the reservation conformation and this is what it said the dates and no pets allowed or there would be a 1500.00 charge and a 199.00 reservation fee. So when i saw that i went and got our contract out and guess what i found they did not give to us the last few sheets that had the info written in about the 3 question we had them do and signed. So i stopped payment on everything now the finance company is telling us there is nothing we can do but to pay for it. I told them no way that i am sure there is something we could do because this is breach of contract or sold under false pretense. The lady from the fiance company told me i was nuts and then i called Coral Resorts and spoke to man in charge and he said there was nothing that could be done because we signed it. STAY AWAY FROM CORAL RESORTS. I can't believe they would do this to a soldier who goes over seas to protect this country and they no what they have done. I have even spoken to the sales rep. and he said that yes we did and i even sent him a copy of what we got and he was told there was nothing to check into. I hope this stops others from doing something that they would really hurt them self's in the long run. If there are any attorney at there that would take this case please get in touch with me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Coral-Resorts-Hilton-Head-SC/internet/The-Coral-Resorts-Hilton-Head-SC-Have-a-lawyer-of-your-own-look-at-the-papers-before-sign-1047012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Coral Resorts Hilton Head SC

False info Please Help! Going broke!

AUTHOR: Penguinshell - ()

I was told they would buy my other timeshare to pay for this one and that it would be easy to get vacations.  not true, the problem is a nightmare now. incould go on and on about the lies but just want out! any suggestions?

PLEASE  HELP

Please Help!!!

AUTHOR: Carrie - ()

We too have recently been scammed. I would so appreciate any advise you have....thank you so much!

PLEASE HELP!!!

AUTHOR: Shelley - ()

My husband and I are in the same situation and also Active Duty Military. Coral Resorts only sold us a bunch of lies, not an actual vacation. They lied about maintenence fees among many other things. I am desperately wanting out of this contract. Please email me at ladonnashelley@msn.com if you think you can guid me in the right direction with this. Thanks!!!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Coral Help

AUTHOR: jandmplus3 - ()

Hi,

We were in the same boat, maybe worse.  We were able to get out, you should be able to as well.  Coral Resorts does things like this to everyone.  Leave an email and I will contact you.