Complaint Review: The Coral Resorts

• Submitted: Fri, November 18, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, June 02, 2012

• Reported By: Jane — W. Friendship Maryland U.S.A.
The Coral Resorts
33 Office Park Rd. Suite 218 Hilton Head Island, S Hilton Head, South Carolina United States of America

The Coral Resorts Misrepresented Property Being Sold Hilton Head South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Infomation Please

*Consumer Comment: You are not alone

In late September, 2002, my husband and I took a tour of a beautiful timeshare complex called Coral Sands. We decided to buy and were given a notebook with the picture of the beautiful place and the same floor plan we had seen. They were still building units when we got there. After purchase, we received our deed and it had a plat number etc. and said Coral Sands Resort. We decided to look up the exact location of the property and found out that it was not in the nice resort we had toured but in a shabby set of garden apartments in adjacent lots. These looked like they were built in 1960 or before. We attempted to become part of a multi-person law suit but was told by the law firm that they were not accepting new clients for that suit. Since we live out of state and were employed, it was difficult to try to maintain a separate law suit for this issue. I am sure the statute of limitations has been exceed now but I just don't want any other person to be taken in by this company. I am hearing that they have had more complaints recently. The president's name is Dwight Trew.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2011 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Coral-Resorts/Hilton-Head-South-Carolina-/The-Coral-Resorts-Misrepresented-Property-Being-Sold-Hilton-Head-South-Carolina-799452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Coral Resorts

Infomation Please

AUTHOR: powercatfan - (United States of America)

We purchased a time share through Coral Resorts back in April 2012.  We have vacationed several years in Hilton Head are were so excited about the ability to continue to vacation there every year with out the hassle of finding a place to stay.  I wish we knew we were going from the frying pan to the fire.  Over the last two days we have discovered most everything others have written.

Our first payment comes out in 16 days and I am going to do everything in my power to correct our mistake, silly me for thinking that Coral Resorts was an upstanding business with honest employees! Like most people these days, we are financially strapped and put the money we would of used for our vacation toward our down-payment thinking we would be able to reserve our condo 30 days out with no problem, this per our sales person Julie Stefan who assured us, even showed us the available condo for the month of July.  What a joke!!

I feel like such a sucker because we just didnt know.  We have family members who have time shares and have had absolutely no problems but we are finding out the hard way (and expensive way) that Coral Resorts should not be trusted.  I wanted to know what action you have taken or if you can give me any information.  I have contacted others who have recently experienced these same issues and would like to put something together.  Thank you for your help!

You are not alone

AUTHOR: mrjlturner - (United States of America)

I have a similar story, but was taken while on vacation in Hilton Head. I can tell you that the SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (Office of Investigation and Enforcement) has secured a lawyer and is currently investigating these sales practices and customer complaints thoroughly.  I spoke with their office today and am currently building my formal complaint to submit.  I would encourage you to visit their website and do the same!  They can be reached at
(803)896-4470