Complaint Review: The Cover Guy - Prestige Spa Covers

• Submitted: Wed, June 03, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 11, 2009

• Reported By:Royal Oak Michigan
The Cover Guy - Prestige Spa Covers
13000 Automobile Blvd Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

The Cover Guy - Prestige Spa Covers Damaged spa cover shipped (was damaged with a forklift!), cover guy told me to contact shipping company, filed claim and shipping company will only cover 1/3 of cost...now cover guy has no response and I am left with useless cover and $320 in the hole! Clearwater Florida

*Author of original report: The Cover Guy is coming through!!!!!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Customer has already been cominsated from shipping company for damage

I ordered a cover from the cover guy web site for my hot tub and waited for the cover to arrive. The day of the arrival I was home with my two babies 1.5 and 3.5 and couldnt fully inspect the box and signed for the delivery. Unfortunately, when I was ready to put the cover on I noticed that the packaging had two fork lift holes that ran through the box and cover. I contacted cover guy and was told that this wasn't their responsibility and to work with the transportation company. The transportation company is only willing to pay up to 1/3 of the costs since they claim it could have happened at coverguy. I dont know who is wrong here but I need a break. Its not easy having to look after two babies and receive the responses I have been getting. My experience has been negative thus far and I cannot recommend cover guy to anyone. I have emailed my ph number but have yet to be contacted . This has been going on for 3 weeks.

A_long00
Royal Oak, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Cover-Guy-Prestige-Spa-Covers/Clearwater-Florida-33762/The-Cover-Guy-Prestige-Spa-Covers-Damaged-spa-cover-shipped-was-damaged-with-a-forklift-458333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Cover Guy - Prestige Spa Covers

AUTHOR: A_long00 - (U.S.A.)

The Cover Guy is willing to make me a brand new cover! I understand they have policies and procedures in place. I think some of the misunderstanding could have been handled with a phone call earlier on in this process. I am happy with the response I am receiving now and I am looking forward to receiving my new cover. I have not received the new cover yet, but I have confidence they will deliver.

AUTHOR: A_long00 - (U.S.A.)

Customer has already been cominsated from shipping company for damage

AUTHOR: Online Team - (Canada)

Customer signed cover as "ok" with the shipping company when the cover was damaged, days later the customer informs that the cover is damaged in shipping???
The shipping company still allowed the customer to make a claim and has compinsated her, we have also offered to remake the cover for the customer. Customer still not happy????