Complaint Review: The Cover Guy

• Submitted: Sat, April 28, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 02, 2012

• Reported By: Mark — Portsmouth Ohio United States of America
The Cover Guy
2315 whirlpool street,suite#192 Niagara Falls, New York United States of America

The Cover Guy Sent me the wrong size Hot tub cover then they claim they did it for shrinkage . Niagara Falls, New York

*Author of original report: Why can't I just get what I ordered

*UPDATE Employee: Tried to work with customer....

I ordered a hot tub cover from the cover guy 90" x 90" four weeks later it was delivered and I inspected it for damages it look good so the driver took back the packing cardboard and left then I went to put the cover on my hot and found that the dimensions were wrong the cover they sent me was 90" x 91"I called the company and they told me this was done for shrinkage so if they do this for shrinkage

so the cover does not fit after three weeks of dealing with these people they finally said they will pick up the UN USED Spa cover to give them the dimensions they will make a new cover for me . so I contact them and tell me that the cover has been sitting on my hot tub for three weeks then they contact me back and say sorry your cover is use we can't take it back . The bottom line here is this company sent me the wrong size cover and would not stand behind their workmanship stay away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2012 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Cover-Guy/Niagara-Falls-New-York-14305/The-Cover-Guy-Sent-me-the-wrong-size-Hot-tub-cover-then-they-claim-they-did-it-for-shrink-875200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Cover Guy

Why can't I just get what I ordered

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

The cover guy has responded to rip off report saying they will send me a new cover this is not true they want me to take off the vinyl and send it back to them and they will take out the center section between the two pieces. if they do this I was told I will not be able to use my cover lift on my hot tub. why am I fighting for something that I ordered this company is wrong any other company would have just made it right why is it my loss and not there's don't buy from this company. this is a rip off.$365.00 Down the drain.

Tried to work with customer....

AUTHOR: Online team - (Canada)

We did try to work with this customer in providing a new cover however the customer has not respond back to us with the measurements they wanted the new cover to be.  The customer is correct that the cover less then 1" bigger then what he had ordered, however that is due to the upgraded, thick, 30oz marine grade vinyl we offer on all our covers and the seam allowance.  Again, we were happy to work with the customer and exchange the cover for him but we need to know the measurements that the customer would like the cover to be.