Complaint Review: The Cover Guy

• Submitted: Wed, November 12, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 07, 2008

• Reported By:High Point North Carolina
The Cover Guy
2315 Whirlpool Street Suite 192 Niagra Falls, New York U.S.A.

The Cover Guy Bait and Switch Niagra Falls New York

*UPDATE Employee: As stated on our web site over 96" = contact us

I went to this companies web site to order a hot tub cover. I completed their order form with the specs for my tub. I received a price and completed the order. My credit card was then charged for the $319.

The next day I receive an email stating that since my cover was more than 96 inches in one direction there would be a $50 surcharge. They stated there was a notation to this effect on the site.

My issue is that nothing was mentioned on the order form, I received a price and my credit card was charged which constitutes a sales contract. They refuse to honor that contract. These bait and switch tactics are a disgrace and I strongly recommend that you stay away from this company.

Patrick
High Point, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2008 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Cover-Guy/Niagra-Falls-New-York-14305/The-Cover-Guy-Bait-and-Switch-Niagra-Falls-New-York-390671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Cover Guy

As stated on our web site over 96" = contact us

AUTHOR: Online Team - (Canada)

We are very sorry to hear that this customer feels this way, however it does indicate on our web site that any cover over 96" we must be contacted to quote.

As per our emails to him already, we are more then happy to answer any questions he has about this.

At any time any customer is more then welcome to email us at info@thecoverguy.com, or call us at 866 652-6837.

www.thecoverguy.com