Complaint Review: The Cute Kid

The Cute Kid RIPOFF Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Being Scammed? Correct

*UPDATE Employee: Amendment to Rebuttal

*UPDATE Employee: We have handled the issue

My son won a paid photo shoot with Southpole through The Cute Kid as a winner in October 2011.  So, we traveled to Southpole's office in NY for a fitting to prepare for the photo shoot.  A week late we traveled overnight to NY for the photo shoot the next day.  Photo shoot went GREAT they got good pictures of my son which were to be used on their website.  Guess what - that NEVER happened!

I reached out to Ryan Prescott to discuss payment and was told. wait let me quote him "Sorry for the delayed response, unfortunately as fast as the modeling industry moves, they are equally slow to pay.  Not to mention Soutpole has been going through some restructuring which has probably delayed the process".  I sent them a reminder and they assured me that they have not forgotten about the payment owed.  I will continue to follow up and keep you posted."  GUESS WHAT AGAIN.  THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. After another email to Mr. Prescott and phone calls my son was still not paid.

The company Mr. Prescott works or worked for is The Mee Group and his title was the VP of Marketing & Communications.  I found their address, but not sure if they are still in business.  I even filed a complain with the better business bureau which got closed because The Mee Grooup never responded.
So, back to The Cute Kid.  I was searching to see who I could contact and lo and behold guess whose name and picture I see under the Casting Team.  MR. PRESCOTT.  So I posted a testimonial early the week of 1/7/2013 asking that Melissa Kay the Promotions and Specials Projects Manager contact to discuss my issue and GUESS WHAT----------NOTHING.

SO AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THIS IS A SCAM AND I WILL STOPPING MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS TO THE CUTE KID AND ALSO REACHING OUT TO EVERYONE I REFERED TO THIS SITE TO CANCEL AS WELL.  BUT THIS DOES NOT NEGATE THE JUSTICE I WANT RECTIFIED IN MY SONS CASE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Cute-Kid/internet/The-Cute-Kid-RIPOFF-Internet-995282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Cute Kid

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Being Scammed? Correct

AUTHOR: Cturk - ()

I worked with them for 9 months and the company kept missing payments on everything. WE didnt even get paid for three months because they claimed we were switching banks and this and that and weren't sure what was going on. I worked for 9 months on putting every single photoshoot together, when we went to go back from Christmas Break they told us we weren't going back and just disapppeared. ALL files of every photo shoot I put together were lost and I lost all of my potential pictures for my own portfolio. This company is a scam and still to this day, two-three years later owes me over $3,000.

Amendment to Rebuttal

AUTHOR: The Casting Dept. - ()

We have been contacted by Southpole (Wicked Fashions, Inc.) legal dept. The issue with payment was miscommunicated to The CuteKid by a 3rd party organizing the casting call and payment. 3rd party, Mee Group, is responsible for all payment to the CuteKid member for the photo shoot. However, although the photo shoot did take place as promised, the company, Southpole reserves the right to opt to use the photos for ad campaigns. We apologize for any confusion to the CuteKid member and maintain that we did all we can to resolve the matter responsibly. They will receive payment immediately.

We have handled the issue

AUTHOR: Minnie - (United States of America)

The CuteKid has gone to great lengths to reach this individual and make sure Southpole handled the complaint. We do our best to work with reputable companies and take care of our members.
We apologize to this member for the delay in use of their photos and payment and I understand this issue was resolved.
Melissa Kay