Complaint Review: The DVD Planet

• Updated: Tue, September 30, 2008

• Reported By:Harvest Alabama
The DVD Planet
250 The East Mall-Suite #1242 Toronto, Ontario Canada

The DVD Planet I want my money back!! TheDVDPlanet.org is a sham company and a ripoff! Toronto Ontario

On December 13, 2007 I placed an online order with the dvdplanet.org for a Christmas gift for our daughter. On Dec. 16 I received an email with a tracking number stating my order had been shipped and was scheduled for delivery between Dec. 21 and Dec. 24.

On Dec. 28 I received an email from them stating that my item had been returned to sender due to an incorrect address. I double-checked my order. My address was correct.

I emailed the company trying to clear up the mess. They responded by email on Dec. 31 stating they could either cancel my order or reship around Jan. 16, claiming that they were "currently out of stock." The email also contained the following:

"Also, please confirm your full address. Im not sure how
your order was shipped to the wrong address, it looks like it was a problem with our database. We will make sure this does not happen again."

On Dec. 31 I asked them to reship it as my daughter still very much wanted the item. By Jan. 8 I had not heard or received anything from them, so I emailed them asking if they had received my 'please reship' email.

They replied on Jan. 9 stating that my order had been refunded and a credit would be posted to my card within 4-7 business days. That was the last response I received from them.

They have not responded to ANY of my MANY questions or complaints on their website. Going on 9 months later, I am still waiting for my refund. Can't anybody do anything about this company?? What a scam!!

Harvest, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2008 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-DVD-Planet/Toronto-Ontario/The-DVD-Planet-I-want-my-money-back-TheDVDPlanetorg-is-a-sham-company-and-a-ripoff-To-377244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The DVD Planet