Complaint Review: The DVDPlanet.org

• Updated: Sun, January 20, 2008

• Reported By:Lansdowne Pennsylvania
The DVDPlanet.org
250 The East Mall- Suite #1242 Toronto Ontario M9B 6L3 Toronto, Ontario Reunion

The DVDPlanet.org Ripped off; poor quality, obviously homemade, promised refund, haven't heard a word since. Toronto Ontario Canada

I stumbled upon this site when I was doing a search to see if any company was selling an old TV show, "Homefront." I didn't realize the TV companies would be the only ones able to sell this, so when I found the dvdplanet.org, I thought it was great.

I paid $70.00 for 2 seasons of this show. What I received was obviously a home-made copy from someone's television/vcr. It included commercials, voiceovers of announcements during credits, and sometimes even failed to return to "record" when a commercial was over, and missed some of the scene filmed.

I contacted support@thedvdplanet.org to complain. I got a standard (I've seen it on the web, filed by other complainants) reply saying I could either return the entire shipment, or keep the dvd's and get a $30.00 refund (which says to mean that they know their dvd's are poor and unprofessional). I opted for the $30.00 refund. That was over two months ago, and I haven't heard one word since. No reply, no refund.

Lansdowne, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2008 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-DVDPlanetorg/Toronto-Ontario/The-DVDPlanetorg-Ripped-off-poor-quality-obviously-homemade-promised-refund-havent-h-301889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The DVDPlanet.org