Complaint Review: The Deauville Beach Resort

• Submitted: Tue, November 16, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, May 02, 2011

• Reported By:Fairfax Virginia
The Deauville Beach Resort
6701 Collins Ave. Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 305-865-8511
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

The Deauville Beach Resort, Miami ripoff posting as three star quality hotel but pictures on their website is fake and misleading!! has horrible bed-bug mites infested hotel room with filthy torn carpet. My kids got sick and our vacation ruined! Miami Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: I agree, this hotel ripped me off too!!!

This so called luxurious hotel is a total Ripoff!! They should NOT be posting as three star quality hotel; and EXPEDIA should not even list them as one of the available hotel choices. The hotel pictures shown on their website is a fake and misleading, nothing close to what they claim is quality good service and clean hotel rooms. Very unsanitary!!

When we arrived in Miami we were shocked to see half the hotel bldg is in rubbles and under construction (The website photos did not show that). The front desk were were rude, unqualified illiterate clerk who knows nothing about so called "customer service". When we were checked into our room (charging at $119 a night!), we notice the lobby and hallway on our floor is musty and dark (some bulbs were busted). Then we discovered the next day the bed linens (and old mattress underneath) was horribly infested with bed bugs and blood sucking mites.

My 10 year old son woke up with horrendous bug bites all over his neck, arms, legs and back!! When we pull out the bed sheets, there we saw disgusting rodden mites crawling all over.. the blood specks on the dirty white linen, the leftover effects on mites feasting on my son all night! I have never seen anything so morbid and dreadful. My son got sick and our vacation was totally ruined. The hotel staff never even care to come up and see the bugs when we reported to them that morning, we said we wanted to check out and cancel the rest of our vacation...they just say ok we'll run the bill. That's it.. as if we 're not the only victims of that hotel (they seem casual of our complaint) not even acting like they were concerned or at least show an attempt to remedy the situation. We have to leave the next morning. So we asked for refund, and we not only get charged full price, we were also charged for "beach facilities fee" even if we did not even had the chance to go near the beach...or use their beach chair and towels.

The hotel is rotten old and filthy, the carpet in rooms and hallways need replacement, the bed-bug ridden matresses are a health hazard; the Florida Dept of Health should have inspected this unsanitary rooms before the hotel is even allowed to operate. I am writing to Florida consumer complaints and to Travel websites to alert unsupecting tourists to stay away from this hotel.

The medical expenses I end up was unbelievable; my son has to be out of school while in medication for scabies!!

Please pass this along - do not ever book yourself in this hotel and don't believe in the marketing hype they claim on their website. I took pictures of the Deauville Hotel room, torn carpet, and bug infested beddings..!! I am still screaming to get my full refund!!

Mariah ann
Fairfax, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2004 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Deauville-Beach-Resort/Miami-Beach-Florida-33141/The-Deauville-Beach-Resort-Miami-ripoff-posting-as-three-star-quality-hotel-but-pictures-118306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Deauville Beach Resort

I agree, this hotel ripped me off too!!!

AUTHOR: Anita - (U.S.A.)

I stayed for a work function a few years ago and this hotel ripped me off and stole $900.00 on my credit card. They parked my car in an alley, where someone broke into my gas tank and sucked the gas out and damaged the door. The hotel said they were not responsible because they dont own or have any connection to the valet service, though the guys wear Deauville shirts. I reported all this to the cops. The hotel called the charges to my credit card "miscellaneous charges" They could never break down those charges. They said I went to the pool and got towels. $900.00 worth of towels? I never got the towels because I was in a conference! My credit card company couldn't remove the charges because no one from the hotel "knew" anything about anything! The worst part was they never tacked on the $900.00 until 5 hours after I left the hotel. Hmmmmm!