• Report: #252074

• Submitted: Sun, June 03, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 06, 2010

• Reported By:Brewster New York
The Digital Nerd - J & J DIGITAL SOLUTIONS
1410 Sycamore St Wyandotte, Michigan U.S.A.

TheDigitalNerd - J & J DIGITAL SOLUTIONS Bait & switch/forced upsale overpriced add-ons. Confirmed on phone in stock. Out of stock when I declined extras. ripoff Wyandotte Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: Perhaps mistaken company identity

Placed order for item from website. Item was listed as available on page. Received immediate phone call from what started out as a polite salesperson.

Praised the item I was buying, how much I was going to enjoy it, etc. Then the sales pitches I am all too familiar with from my regular travels into NYC started.

Told camera only comes with a sample memory card - told him politely this wasn't my first camera and I already have sufficient memory cards.

Then proceeds to inform me that the battery is only a sample one, "only will get you 20 minutes of run time. You have to purchase a larger battery from us to use the camera." Again I informed him that this is not the first Canon camera I have purchased, the contents of the box are fine. There is no such thing as a sample battery.

It was at this point that I was told not to be rude and that we were done with the order. I asked flat out whether they were going to sell me the item I placed an order for and he assured me that he was and that in the future I shouldn't be so rude and goodbye.

I once again confirmed with him that they had stock of the item and would be shipping the item I ordered. Again I was told yes and not to be rude about it.

5 minutes later I get this message:

We thank you for your order and appreciate you shopping with us .

Due to the product you ordered being out of stock for 6-8 weeks from today's date. We have cancelled the order . when or if we get the product again in stock soon will send you an email to place an order please do not resubmit your order again . sorry again and thanks for your understanding

Guess they flat out lie to you and will cancel your order if their pressure sales of overpriced add-ons do not work on you.

Avoid this comapny at all costs.

Internet Buyer
Brewster, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2007 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Digital-Nerd-J-J-DIGITAL-SOLUTIONS/Wyandotte-Michigan-48192/TheDigitalNerd-J-J-DIGITAL-SOLUTIONS-Bait-switchforced-upsale-overpriced-add-ons-C-252074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Digital Nerd - J & J DIGITAL SOLUTIONS

Perhaps mistaken company identity

AUTHOR: Perhaps mistaken - (United States of America)

Perhaps mistaken?  There is a JJ Digital that deals with cameras.  The company I work for is J&J Digital Solutions and is the leading independent Ricoh copier dealer in Metro Detroit, and has no ties to the camera JJ Digital company.