Complaint Review: The Digital Nerds - J & J Digital

• Updated: Sun, June 10, 2007

• Reported By:Lake In The HIlls Illinois
The Digital Nerds - J & J Digital
www.thedigitalnerds.com Internet U.S.A.

The Digital Nerds - J & J Digital False Avertisement, bait and switch, pressure sales ripoff Internet

I purchased a Canon A710 on line from The Digital Nerds. Within less than 5 min. I received a call from J&J Digital stating that they were actually The Digital Nerds. The person on the line tried to sell me an over priced memory card. When I refused, he started to become abusive.

He then tried to pressure me into buying rechargeable batteries at a high price. Again I refused. He became more insistent that I buy something else.

I informed him that I only wanted the camera and nothing else. He then informed me that I was buying a refurbished camera. I became very upset and told him that I bought a new camera and that there was nothing on his site about the camera being refurbished. He stated that the.re was a code (rb) on the description which meant refurbished. I checked and the code was there but no explanation of what it meant on his site.

He informed me that he was canceling my order as he thought that I was being abusive. I will be checking with my bank tomorrow to make sure that he does not charge my account.

This site was listed as a good vendor on one of the search engines. How can they support this?

Norman
Lake In The HIlls, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2007 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Digital-Nerds-J-J-Digital/internet/The-Digital-Nerds-J-J-Digital-False-Avertisement-bait-and-switch-pressure-sales-ripo-253490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Digital Nerds - J & J Digital