Complaint Review: The Dish Network

• Reported By:Durham NC
The Dish Network
Littleton, Colorado U.S.A.

Dish Network Poor Customer Service

I am attaching a copy of my email to the Dish Network, which by the way has also been forwarded to my State Attorney Generals office.

To whom it may concern,

I am at this point livid! I use my service with you folks quite infrequently but have enjoyed having it. Today, Saturday the 3rd of March, my receiver has apparently decided to die. I am at odds as to why this happened and have done all within my power to protect it, ie. surge protection and etc.. At any rate it no longer works. I contacted customer service who sent me to someone in order to replace the receiver. The cost as I understand was $69.95 for a refurbished receiver. At this point I am somewhat wary of this receiver and especially when I hear refurbished.
I asked has failure of this unit been a problem in the past? Answer: NO
Could someone explain why this unit may have failed? Answer: NO IDEA
Having received this type of answers I feel that it is not a good idea to pay for what also might fail and decide that local programming will have to be satisfactory. This is upsetting but it is reasonable. Next I contact someone to disconnect my service. I have paid for a years service and am, I believe in my third month of that service and would fully expect a refund for any monies left. Well you can imagine my surprise when I was told that no, I would not receive a refund but that I could apply this money towards reconnection should I decide to use your service again.

Well I do not know, but I am fairly certain that this is not only wrong but also against the law. I am forwarding a copy of this email to the North Carolina State Attorney Generals Office, Consumer Protection staff for their review. It is incomprehensible that Dish Network would consider this good business practice. I was already upset to hear that I was expected to throw good money after bad for a receiver that I have no faith in and completely flabbergasted to hear that your firm thought it correct to keep monies not due you.

I would most certainly appreciate a response from someone at the Dish Network and to hear that what I have stated above is a misunderstanding. Lacking that, I plan to pursue action against the Dish Network.

Sincerely,

Jerri C. Neese

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Dish-Network/Littleton-Colorado/Dish-Network-Poor-Customer-Service-4592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Dish Network