Complaint Review: The District Law Firm

• Updated: Mon, December 09, 2013

• Reported By: Jeannette Avellan-Monserratte — Laguna Hills California
The District Law Firm
3380 Flair Dr. El Monte, California USA

The District Law Firm Leroy Roberson3380 Deceptive Ghost Law Firm El Monte California

I went to this law firm for a free consultaion. They actually called me at work and when I asked them how they got my number Cesar Cendejas said, "probabaly when you inquired on a wedsite". He asked for some info on my wanting to modify my loan and he said that his office would be able to modify it "no problem". So I went on a Saturday 2013. They had told me to bring all my documents .Cesar Cendejas was the person that was meeting me. He loked at my documents ans said Ocwen, which is my loan servicer, always modified and it would take one month to do it, disappeared to speak to a supervisor came back and said that it was a "done deal".

I did not want to sign the contract, but he lept repeating "you are having problems payaing your mortage, why would you not sign"? So basically they took advantage of a single woman, made me sigan under duress, had me sign my check so that they would pull $1,200 from my checking. I askled to speak to the lawyer they gave me a run around. They told me I had to stop paying my mortgage so I did.They also told ne to stop paying my second which I also did.

Too make a long story short, two months passed and Sergio would not return my phone calls anymore, next I was dealing with a Elizbeth Waitchies and she kept telling me that they denied my application 3 times and that I needed to not pay a third month but if this happend they would foreclose so I said no. Now I am dealing with letters from Ocwen sayimg that if I did not pay they would foreclose on me, so they left in in dire straits instead of helping I called Ocwen and they told me that the investors who hold the loan do not participate in the HAMP program, so they would have never modified the loan!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2013 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-District-Law-Firm/El-Monte-California-91731/The-District-Law-Firm-Leroy-Roberson3380-Deceptive-Ghost-Law-Firm-El-Monte-California-1105569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The District Law Firm