Complaint Review: The Dog Training Secret

• Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: Teshuva — Forked River New Jersey United States of America
The Dog Training Secret

The Dog Training Secret Misuses account information. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Fellow Dog Owner Thanks You!

I have a dog that was somewhat neglected as I cared for my mil during the last 3 yrs of her life.  She was ill and in and out of hospitals.  The last 4 months of her life I was taking her to dialysis 3xs a week.   My one dog has been a problem.  He is hyper and wants lots of attention.  My mil passed away a month ago.  One day afterwise I found The dog training secret website.   I looked at what they had and thought it might be interesting to learn and try with my dog.  Having bought other merchandize off the net for many years I thought it would be safe.
I bought an ebook and videos for $37.  I looked at one or two of the videos and became busy.  I did not open all the emails.  One day I was shocked and dismayed to see a pending charge from them for $147.  I quickly called the bank and reported this unauthorized charge.  I went in and signed an E form, had my debit card destroyed and a new one issued.
I have corresponded with someone named Dana who has shown no remorse nor any help to return my money.  All she asks is for me to stop the investigation.   She said that one email was to have an enhanced program and would be charged if not responded to otherwise.  This was wrong!  I have never had any other net company or person so do this.
I am blessed that at this time I can cover the charge.  But usually I could not.  Such unauthorized uses can disrupt our accounts,  cause bank fees, bounced checks for legitimate bills and marital problems over such a purchase.
The videoes I watched seemed to be of a different nature of a possible sweet and gentle method.  I have not tried to put them into affect since I have been so upset with the misuse of my account.
I warn all against using this company with it's unethical practices.  I fear I may have had a $147 lesson in buyer beware.  Please avoid this company!  Check out others on the net before making purchases.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2011 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Dog-Training-Secret/internet/The-Dog-Training-Secret-Misuses-account-information-Internet-761515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Dog Training Secret

Fellow Dog Owner Thanks You!

AUTHOR: Eileen - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for taking the time to put your complaint on Rip Off Reports because I always check them before buying anything like this over the net. I have a "rescue" dog that was left outside most of her life and is having "potty" issues in the house. I've owned 10 dogs in my life and never had this problem with them before. I don't want to get rid of the dog but the family is very upset about this, especially my husband. I'm not sure what to do. I almost bought this video but after hearing what happened to you, I will try something else. Thanks very much! A consumer and Fellow Pet Owner (EDN)