Complaint Review: The Drift Inn WildLife Sanctuary

• Updated: Sun, September 02, 2012

• Reported By: Watch Cat — Westminster Rhode Island United States of America
The Drift Inn WildLife Sanctuary
400 York Creek Rd Driftwood, Texas United States of America

The Drift Inn WildLife Sanctuary Kim Johnson Euthanizing Healthy Animals and Keeping Donations!!! Driftwood, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Absurdity beyond any wildest imagination

I was horrified to witness the slaughter of these helpless animals.  Kim Johnson then threw them into a pile on the edge of the property.  I could smell them before we even got there.  This is a sadistic, cruel and I'm sure illegal procedure.  Meanwhile she is pocketing donations and funding her bed and breakfast operations at the www.driftinn.net.

What a horror story!  I hope someone can do something about this as I am afraid she will harm me also.  I saw her screaming at her elderly husband and she actually pushed him!

Someone needs to stop this horrible woman...please.  Do not give her any money!

I don't know who to contact

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2012 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Drift-Inn-WildLife-Sanctuary/Driftwood-Texas-78619/The-Drift-Inn-WildLife-Sanctuary-Kim-Johnson-Euthanizing-Healthy-Animals-and-Keeping-Don-832261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Drift Inn WildLife Sanctuary

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Absurdity beyond any wildest imagination

AUTHOR: TruthBeTold - (United States of America)

At first I was not even going to respond to such absurdity. Anyone who knows me or has been to my sanctuary or my bed-and-breakfast knows this is the most rediculous accusation on the planet. This came from one of two sources. Either the attorney that we sued for breach of contract and won (this is the most likely). Or second, from the good folks at the ripoff report who are requesting $2000 to get this removed. But seeing how it has been brought to my attention that it's now on page 1 of the Google search for us, I thought I should respond. In the unlikely event that someone out there might actually question the validity of the posting. It's quite laughable that someone is smart enough to put something on the Internet yet dumb enough to not know how to call thepork per authorities had they witnessed or even suspected such illegal activity. That would be pretty bad citizenship not to report such incidents. I am regulated and inspected by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. My husband, our on staff veterinarian, and I have never would never harm in animal under any circumstances whatsoever. 100% of our very small donations go directly to the animals not one penny into our pockets and the truth is the bed-and-breakfast assists in funding our remarkable work to preserve our native Texas wildlife. This post was pure revenge or a pathetic attempt to blackmail us. An ounce of truth would have immediately caused any normal human being to contact the appropriate authorities immediately. Please feel free to contact me directly with any concerns. 512-731-9386