Complaint Review: The Dump Furniture Store

• Updated: Sat, October 05, 2013

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
The Dump Furniture Store
thedump.com Irving, Texas United States of America

The Dump Furniture Store Rude Customer Service along with Bait and Switch Tactics by Management Irving Texas

*Consumer Comment: the Dump Tempe Arizona, what a bunch of junk that belongs at the local dump

*General Comment: My experience at the Irving dump location

*Consumer Comment: I went to that store 1 time - left without buying a thing

*Consumer Comment: Why shop at 'A DUMP'?

This store has the rudest management team I have ever encountered. After being told by a Salesperson the price of a rug, we were later told by the Rug Department Manager, Robert Alicia, that he would not honor the price quoted. The difference in time between what the salesman quoted and the time we wanted to purchase was 90 minutes. The salesman in question could not be found and the Sales Manager also would not honor the quoted price.

The Rug Department Manager was so rude that he told us to go elsewhere because he was not going to honor the quote.

Linda from dallas Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2008 05:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Dump-Furniture-Store/Irving-Texas/The-Dump-Furniture-Store-Rude-Customer-Service-along-with-Bait-and-Switch-Tactics-by-Manag-405583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Dump Furniture Store

the Dump Tempe Arizona, what a bunch of junk that belongs at the local dump

AUTHOR: joe grower - ()

I just purchasted a second home in Phoenix. I could not miss the TV advertisements. One neighbor told my wife that we should not waste our time. Since we were going to IKEA in Tempe we decided to check out the Dump.

My opinion, their leather itmes was not the quality we expected and they are way over priced. We looked at bedroom sets that were the same in Scottsdale for hundredds of dollars less.

I decided to write my opinion here becuase the sales guy was a real jerk. I will bet he was a former auto salesman.

#2 General Comment

My experience at the Irving dump location

AUTHOR: Mr. Ron - (United States of America)

I'm floored by the number of complaints noted on this website related to the Dump in Irving.  My wife and I have bragged continuously about how helpful, informative and thorough our salesman (Robert Nelson) was during the multiple hours we spent on the property immediately after Christmas.  We did return a cabinate that had a mechanical flaw for an exchange piece without difficulty.  Our initial sales person did not inform us of the $200.00 off of every $800.00 spent, (Mr. Nelson did).  This is the primary reason why we have seeked out Mr. Nelson for assistance during our return visits.  We will continue to shop the dump in the future and will always seek out the assistance of the above mentioned gentleman.  Mr. Ron from Plano, Texas U.S.A.

I went to that store 1 time - left without buying a thing

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

They claim to have high end furniture at rock bottom prices - from bankruptcies, going out of business, hotels under construction etc. THEY DO NOT HAVE HIGH END Furniture - unless you consider a couch that looks like airplane seats in bright leather colors - high end furniture. Workmanship was greatly lacking in all we saw.

They had garbage for sale and when we asked about Stickley furniture, they politelty said we do not carry Swedish furniture, which shows the stupidity of the sales staff, as Stickley is 100% American Handmade furniture. The staff knows nothing about the furniture they sell.

We had just left the Stickley dealer in Dallas after making a purchase and we were on our way home when we decided to stop and check them out. Only because they were on the way.

Never went back and never intend to

Why shop at 'A DUMP'?

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Many years ago, people who didn't want their trash would take it to A DUMP.

Any old shanty house that was an eyesore and filthy and any restaurant or bar that was sleazy and was frequented by trashy, uncouth,dirty and violent people was also called A DUMP.

When people use the restroom for an extended period of time, they are, crudely , known to be taking a DUMP.

That said, I ask you again, WHAT WERE YOU DOING SHOPPING AT A PLACE THAT CALLS ITSELF A DUMP?

YOU CAN'T say you weren't warned in advance.