Complaint Review: The Dump-Irving, TX

• Reported By: Leo — Highland Village Texas
The Dump-Irving, TX
2700 Ranch Trl. Irving, Texas United States of America

The Dump-Irving, TX BUYER BEWARE Irving, Texas

Bought a sectional and a kitchen table/chairs at the Dump. When it showed up, it was both damaged (tears in the fabric) and defective (structurally misaligned so the fabric could not attach in the back). Showed the delivery person the damage, but he said I would have to call customer service. Called customer service. They came out to fix or replace the chairs for my kitchen table (which were also badly scratched) and repair the sectional. I showed them the defect and how it couldn't be repaired and said I wanted it replaced. Repairman agreed that he couldn't fix the defect, but I would have to call customer service.

Called customer service again and they insisted repairing or replacing it was at their discretion according to the contract. I let them know I understood what the contract said, but told them that the repairman couldn't fix the structural damage.

After several calls to Corporate and speaking with extremely rude customer service agents, they picked up the sectional, charging me $100 pick up fee and a 20% restocking fee! I totally understand a business charging a restocking fee for merchandise returned for no reason, but I should not pay to have a "brand-new" sectional which is damaged and defective picked up and restocked.

Worst experience I have ever had buying furniture.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 07:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Dump-Irving-TX/Irving-Texas-/The-Dump-Irving-TX-BUYER-BEWARE-Irving-Texas-1044213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Dump-Irving, TX