Complaint Review: The Dump

• Updated: Sun, November 13, 2011

• Reported By: flowermom — Williamsburg Virginia United States of America
The Dump
124 Newmarket Square Newport News, Virginia United States of America

The Dump Hanes Furniture Natural bed totally different than in the store and un-natural Newport News, Virginia

I bought an expensive natural bed from this company that stated in the store on the tag and on 3 large signs that thy used all natural materials.The bed in the store had a terrycloth 100% cotton cover,said it had a wool layer (flame retardant)and 4 inches of natural latex.
I had horrible customer service,and after talking to the manager about him being sure I would get the exact same bed from the warehouse(I order a bed from Haynes a few years ago and when I got it it was totally different)He assured me it would be identical.My husband picked up the bed and brought it home and it had a polyblend non-terrycloth cover,1% wool 56% toxic polyurathane foam and other blended materials? A totally different bed again.
I e-mailed the furniture and bedding regulatory board in Richmond VA.Any other ideas would be welcomed.
My husband has left the state on business,and the warehouse is not open so I am stuck with this mattress.They have a 24 hr return policy.
I will also contact the credit card company and see if there is anything they can do.
I would avoid the Dump and Haynes furniture.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2011 07:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Dump/Newport-News-Virginia-23605/The-Dump-Hanes-Furniture-Natural-bed-totally-different-than-in-the-store-and-un-natural-N-797495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Dump