Complaint Review: The Event

• Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: Tiffany — Twin Falls Idaho United States of America
The Event
1201 N Orange St Ste 700 #7018 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

The Event Michelle Promised my child a chance in Orlando with many famous actors and producers for a large fee Wilmington , Delaware

Our local radio station aired a phone number to call for local children to audition for a chance to go to disney world in Orlando, Florida.  "The Event" is what they called it and was to take place in Dec 201
They promise you a chance to meet numerous disney stars and be introduced to more than 60 of the United States greatest known film producers.  They promise that your child will be coached in order to perform at their best in front of these judges and have a chance at getting selected for upcoming openings for actors/singers/dancers/modeling, etc.  They further promise you that they have a 60% callback and success rate.  I fell for this when my son got picked.  It wasn't 24 hours after I paid them $2800.00 and signed a contract with them that I saw their scam story on the news.  I am a single mother of two children.  I was devastated and sick about this.  That was the last of my saved up money for emergencies.  I took a chance in the hopes that I could make my sons' dreams come true.  Who does this?  Rips off less fortunate people and ultimatley at who's expense?  A child, with a crushed heart.  How completely awful!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Event/Wilmington-Delaware-19801-1186/The-Event-Michelle-Promised-my-child-a-chance-in-Orlando-with-many-famous-actors-and-prod-849281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Event