Complaint Review: The Experience, LLC

• Reported By: Helen — Cordova Tennessee United States of America
The Experience, LLC
PO Box 82386 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

The Experience, LLC Ripped off by fake student Phoenix, Arizona

I have a no soliciting sign on my front door to alleviate the hordes of salesmen attempting to sell me something I just don't need.   Today I answered the door and pointed to the sign, only to be met by a very nice polite young man.   He quickly told me he was selling books to raise money for his Ole Miss orchestra trip to England.   I have a fondness for music majors and also a fondness for Ole Miss, having both a music major child and an Ole Miss student.   He cemented the deal when he also revealed that the books could be donated to the oncology ward at LeBonheur Children's hospital.

I wrote him a check for $55 and instructed that the children's books were to be donated to the children's hospital.   I thought it a bit suspicious that the check would be made out to The Experience, LLC and not Ole Miss, but I was naive and wrote the check anyway.

When he left, I googled The Experience, LLC only to discover multiple complaints.   I then proceeded to call Ole Miss and ask them if their orchestra was going to England this year.  I was told they were not.   I told her what had just happened and she asked for the student's name.   His name was Adam Heath and he supposedly was a senior French Horn Major.   She confirmed that there was no such student in the orchestra at Ole Miss.

I then called my bank and had a stop payment put on the check.   I'm in hopes that I did it quick enough and that the check will not clear.   In addition, I also sent a notice cancelling the contract to The Experience, LLC.

Beware....this is a scam.....I can't believe I fell for it, hope no one else does.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Experience-LLC/Phoenix-Arizona-85071/The-Experience-LLC-Ripped-off-by-fake-student-Phoenix-Arizona-902836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Experience, LLC