Complaint Review: The Express Group

The Express Group
http://rebates.teg-online.com Internet U.S.A.

The Express Group (aka) TEG The Never Ending Rebate Loop Unknown Internet

*Author of original report: Rebate Received - No thanks to eCOST

We bought (2) X2GEN monitors on 3/23/07 from eCOST.com. Each one was eligible for a $50 rebate (or so we were led to believe). Sent in for the rebates on 4/9/07. We received one rebate on 5/21/07. Not bad. It was a $50 Visa gift card.

It is now October 1st, and I'm still fighting to get the second rebate. I waited the ridiculous TWELVE weeks that they suggested before contacting them. On 7/9/07 I went to their website and a message stated: "Qualified. Your rebate is being processed." I got the same message on 7/20.

I filled out their "Contact Us" form on 7/30. The email was returned "Undeliverable". Surprise, surprise!!!! I called on 8/6 & was told they were changing rebate companies and to wait 10 to 15 more days.

I checked their website on 8/13. Same message (about the rebate being processed). Resent my email message on 8/20. Undeliverable again. No answer at the 800 number.

On 9/24, someone actually answered the 800#. He told me they were changing rebate companies and there was "quite a delay and he's sorry". Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the same line of garbage I got a month and a half ago? He didn't even look up my offer number.

Then this same guy tells me to go to RewardsByMail.com and put in my information. I did that. It said "0 matching rebate requests were found." I emailed them using their form which states their "Customer Service staff will quickly respond with answers to my query". It's been a week. No answer.

If companies are not going to honor the rebates they offer, we WILL spread the news and tell others. I cannot think of anything else to do to receive this rebate. And from what others have said, eCost does not stand behind the rebates they offer either. You can be sure we will not be dealing with them again.

I hope someone is saved by our rotten experience with these companies.

Patti
PHOENIX, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2007 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Express-Group/internet/The-Express-Group-aka-TEG-The-Never-Ending-Rebate-Loop-Unknown-Internet-276647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Express Group

AUTHOR: Patti - (U.S.A.)

I followed some advice I got from others having dealt with eCOST. I filed a BBB report. BBB contacted the company and they actually contacted me to fax my paperwork. I faxed it on 10/29/07 & actually received my $50 rebate check on 11/6/07.

Too bad you have to threaten them to get a response, but it's worth it. I had attempted (just prior to contacting the BBB) to email eCOST directly and got some lame response about "locating the appropriate contact information ... generally located in the smaller print ..." Like I'm some kind of idiot and hadn't tried that for 6 months already. Then they told me to contact the "store" where the product was purchased.