Complaint Review: The Factory Covent Garden

• Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: rosannamarie09 — Bridgend United Kingdom
The Factory Covent Garden
9 Great Newport street Internet United States of America

The Factory Covent Garden The manager was aware of my vulnerability and overcharged me as he knew I felt pressured into paying. London, Internet

*General Comment: Read this please

My understanding of my day at The Factory Covent Garden studio was that I would pay nothing for the package I had won. I paid a 60 deposit in order to book my place that would be refunded to me on the day. I was also asked to bring 2 forms of I.D. I was kept at the studio longer than expected which put pressure on me as I was rushing to return home to Wales and to pick up my son who had been staying with my family.
While viewing my photos I was misled regarding prices. I was shown a price list containing 3 packages.
10 photos for 400 (360 with 10% discount)
20 photos for 600 (480 with 20% discount)
All photos for  990 (495 with 50% discount)
I was told I can have a 10% discount off the first package, 20% of the second or 50% off the third as the prices are shown above. I considered buying the first package. I was then told I may as well buy all the photos as there is only a 20 difference between the first and third package.

I agreed to this and asked again how much would that be then was told the price would be 500. I felt under pressure to then pay this. Due to complications with my funds I was unable to pay 500 and I paid 2 payments, one of 400 and another of 50 and was told I could have the other 50 off. However when reflecting back I should have only paid 380 from what I was originally told. I was also not refunded my 60 deposit and overall paid the company 510.I was given a disc containing the unedited photos and was told to expect the edited photos in the post in around 3 weeks.
I have still not received the editing photos. I have e-mailed the Company stating that they have made a misrepresentation and I have asked for my money to be refunded to me. I have also not received any confirmation of my letter being received and acknowledged.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2012 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Factory-Covent-Garden/internet/The-Factory-Covent-Garden-The-manager-was-aware-of-my-vulnerability-and-overcharged-me-as-866394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Factory Covent Garden

#1 General Comment

Read this please

AUTHOR: Donald - (United Kingdom)

(((link redacted)))