Complaint Review: The Farm Supply - TFS

• Updated: Fri, December 04, 2009

• Reported By: Joe — Coloma Michigan USA
The Farm Supply - TFS
P.O. Box1130 Copiague, New York United States of America

The Farm Supply - TFS Threatened me with collection if I didn't buy more Copiague, New York

I recently got a call from a sales person who said he represented a company I bought some paint from about 4 years ago. He told me that the company had been sold and he represented the new firm. He said He noticed that I was supposed to get a free home entertainment system and apologized for my not receiving it. (I never cared about that anyway,guessing what quality that would be) He just needed to verify my address.

He then went on to say he needed to verify my credit card info. When I asked what for he said so that they could send out the other four gallons of paint I agreed to buy.  I told him I had only ordered 2 gals. and I had no use for four more and no way would I ever have agreed to buy it, that I had told the original salesman that all I wanted was two gallons and he to sell that amount.

He asked if I had my original invoice, that it said something about future shipments. Now, I bought 2gals. of paint four or more years ago. Who keeps an invoice like that? He kept saying that it was just a trial and that I had agreed to more purchases. That the company didn't sell just two gallons.

I told him that I would not pay for any future shipments. He then said they would turn me over to collection. I told him that I never agreed to buy any more and do what he wanted. I asked him where his company was located , that I was going to contact the states attorney general and file a complaint.  He said they were in Kansas.  He had a heavy east coast accent. He kept up with the hard sell and the threats until I finally said the conversation was over and hung up. The guy Had told me the name of the the company was now TXF Floor Supply.

I searched the web and couldn't find anything by that name Not Surprisingly. So I contacted the Kansas Attorney Generals office and after a while they told me they were referring the matter to the New York Consumer Protection Board.  I was about to forget the whole thing when I found this site and recognized similar reports. Fortunately I switched a while ago and the numbers they had were no longer valid. Of coarse I have no records and no witnesses so I doubt the compliant will get too far. Just glad to get shy of those guys. Scary.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2009 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Farm-Supply-TFS/Copiague-New-York-11726/The-Farm-Supply-TFS-Threatened-me-with-collection-if-I-didnt-buy-more-Copiague-New-Y-534059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Farm Supply - TFS