Complaint Review: The Fitness Equipment King

• Updated: Sun, January 01, 2012

• Reported By: The Truth — Los Angeles California United States of America
The Fitness Equipment King
4323 Sepulveda Blvd Internet United States of America

The Fitness Equipment King Max Haney, The Fitness Equipment King Fraud, Beware, Scam Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: DMCA

*Author of original report: DMCA COMPLAINT VS MAX HANEY

*Consumer Comment: Copied a website?

*General Comment: Sounds like.....

*Author of original report: UPDATE: MAX HANEY IS GOOD GUY. Miosunderstanding.

Beware of this fraudulent website. "The Fitness Equipment King." Max Haney worked for fitnessblowout.com and then created his own site, by copying others work verbatim.

The site Max created is "http://www.fitnessequipmentking.com/". Max copy and pasted material from other sites to create this skin site. He stole most of the intellectual property from the fitness equipment website called Kings of Cardio "http://kingsofcardio.com/. All of the products used on Max's fitnessequipmentking.com website are products from kingsofcardio.com. Not only that, the product descriptions that were published originally by Kings of Cardio, were copy and pasted from the Kings of Cardio site, to Max's site. Max Haney stole intellectual property and copied fitness equipment product descriptions verbatim.

Max thought it would be simple to steal all the information from The Kings of Cardio, create his own site through copying and pasting all of the info and then calling himself "The Fitness Equipment King". Well, he has been outed as a copycat crook.

Max Haney, AKA "The Fitness Equipment King" is nothing more than a scammer and a fraud. His entire site is nothing more than a compilation of copy and pasted material from other online stores. Buyers beware of the fitness equipment king. AKA Max AKA Max Haney. In the fitness equipment business Max Haney is the equivalent of PONDSCUM. Nothing more than a copycat. The material from his site is all stolen intellectual property.

Here is an example of one of the pages he copied...

that was copied directly from...

That is just one example. Tehre are many, many more.

Please warn everyone about Max and his crooked "fitnessequipmentking.com" website. Buyers beware!!

There are 3 other fitness equipment websites and owners that will co-sign this warning. Max is known as a scammer and copycat.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2011 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Fitness-Equipment-King/internet/The-Fitness-Equipment-King-Max-Haney-The-Fitness-Equipment-King-Fraud-Beware-Scam-Inter-754203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Fitness Equipment King

DMCA

AUTHOR: The Truth - (United States of America)

It took me filing a DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) to get Max Haney to take down my unique intellectual property that he stole from my site. Yet people on here say I bit off more than I can chew? I only edited the post because a close friend, the owner of another online fitness equipment store, told me that Max would remove all of my information from his site as long as I edited this complaint. So I figured you catch more flies with honey and if he were really going to take all  of my content down immediately then I would take back what I said about him.

I edited my complaint on here and Max Haney still did not take down my information until I filed action through a DMCA complaint against him and his website myself and got it taken down. Let me simplify, Max Haney copied my site and then claimed that he had no knowledge of it and was so so so sorry that it had happened and how he was going to have to yell at his web designer for being a thief. After he said that, nothing changed, until I filed the DMCA complaint against him.

I certainly did not bite off more than I can chew - I'm fairly certain that anyone with sound logical reasoning skills will come to the conclusion that if someone STEALS the UNIQUE/ORIGINAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY of one of their competitors and then tries to profit off of it, they are fraudulent and "scamming" their customers.

DMCA COMPLAINT VS MAX HANEY

Copied a website?

AUTHOR: B1676 - (United States of America)

I appreciate your wanting to warn future consumers about this potential rip-off, however, I don't know why copying a website means a consumer will be ripped off, unless you were making an assumption based on the lack of integrity to copy a website.  Would appreciate clarification.  Thanks.

#4 General Comment

Sounds like.....

AUTHOR: Christiana - (U.S.A.)

Sounds like someone has bit off more than they can chew.  Posts are not taken off of here.  If you wish to avoid possible legal trouble I suggest you think long and hard before you post things like you did.  Most often apologies are a day late and a dollar short.

UPDATE: MAX HANEY IS GOOD GUY. Miosunderstanding.

AUTHOR: The Truth - (United States of America)

Max Hany did not really try and skin kingsofcardio.com as it would appear to anyone who could read. He is actually totally innocent and a good person after all. His web site guy that created his site, had used the content on my site to just fill in the blank space while he built the site. In other words, Max's internet guy was  using my unique content as filler material and was planning on taking it down once the site went live. One thing led to another and somehow the site went live with my unique info on it, but none of this is Max's fault, so I wanted to update my complaint by saying I have absolutely zero bad feelings towards Max Haney and the whole thing ended up being solved because Max is a freindly guy and works well with others.

updated by Matt Roth "The Truth" - Owner of Kings of Cardio LLC & kingsofcardio.com.

Please take down the original post re: Max Hany.