Complaint Review: The Franklin Mint

• Submitted: Thu, February 11, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, February 11, 2010

• Reported By: Robert — The Woodlands Texas U.S.A.
The Franklin Mint
801 Springdale Dr, Franklin Center, PA 19341 Internet United States of America

The Franklin Mint I ordered the complete State Quarter Collection. I received 50 coins but two were North Dakota and no Virginia. Internet

I ordered the complete US State Quarter Collection just before Thanksgiving, 2009.  Although promised by Christmas, it arrived several weeks after Christmas.

Upon inspection, I noted there was no Virginia Quarter and two North Dakota Quarters.  Contacting Customer Service, I offered to return the extra N. Dakota coin if they would send me the Virginia.  I was told to keep the ND, they would send the VA.

Subsequent calls yielded similar promises.  One rep even put me on hold, returned to the line telling me she had the Quarter in-hand and would mail it to me.  Calling again several weeks later, the next CS Rep admitted the previous person had lied to me as Customer Service is only a call center with no stock on hand.

Its only a Quarter but the collection of un-circulated State Quarters is essentially incomplete without it.  It would be such a simple thing to send me the Quarter, but they do not honor either their promises or their customers.

This company is broken and should be avoided.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2010 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Franklin-Mint/internet/The-Franklin-Mint-I-ordered-the-complete-State-Quarter-Collection-I-received-50-coins-b-568199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Franklin Mint