Complaint Review: The Furman

• Updated: Mon, March 17, 2014

• Reported By: RETAILERDC — Washington Dist of Columbia
The Furman
, Select State/Province USA

The Furman William Sher Fursher New York, NY Bounced Checks, Lied, and owns a very poorly run company. New York, NY NY

On the 17th of August I met Will Sher, aka The Furman, the owner of Fursher International, at his retail location at 156 West 30th Street, New York, NY. Will and I discussed him purchasing 4 of my customer's furs from my Boutique in Washington DC to sell at his store. Will and I agreed that in 2 weeks he was to pay me $2395 for the 4 furs. The furs were individually valued to me at $750, $750, $500 and $395. I gave Will possession of the furs. I also gave Will some time before I tried to collect payment as per our agreement. When I tried to call him in September he did not answer or return my phone calls. That same month, I stopped by to see Will at the store, he told me he had deposits for 2 of the coats and the checks were in the mail. When there I asked for the other furs back and he assured me he sent the checks. Another month went by and I still hadn't received the checks and ignored all my calls. [continued below]....

..... In October he avoided me when I traveled to NY to pick up a check for the second time. When I finally got a hold of him he again assured me he had sent a check. All of November he echoed the same response that he had sent a check. Right before Christmas we spoke again and he agreed to pay for all the furs, this time by the end of the year. I then received a check for a single fur for $395. When I deposited the check, it never cleared it's bounced over and over again. Will became irate when I told him this. He yelled assuring me there was money in the account. I received another check for a single fur, in the amount of $500 in January. This time I cashed the check. We called and called for the remaining payments everyday for a month and askedf ro the furs to be sent back, always being assured that a FedEx went out on a certain day with the other checks. A week went by and the checks still never came. We called again to remedy the situation, his employee again mislead us about payment going out by a certain date. The end of January came and I still had no furs and only partial payment. My staff and myself once again would call to figure out what was going on with the other checks, but we would somehow just miss Will, or even miss everybody at the store all together. When we did get a hold of his employees, they assured me that he saw Will sign and send the other checks. Weeks passed before I received 2 additional checks, each in the amount of $750. Both checks however were post dated. BOTH CHECKS BOUNCED AGAIN.  This now left me short 1500 plus banking fees and 2 furs short. My staff and I again tried to contact The Furman. He and his staff by this point became rude they would scream and curse at us. After weeks of calling, I did finally get a hold of Will. We discussed that 2 checks did not clear, he would scream at me and told me he isn't going to pay the remaining balance. I told him that I would contact the Better Business Bureau and register a complaint if he did not pay. He told me that he would sue me if I did that. He also screamed at me and wrote a threatening note. Once I said I would turn hikm into the better business bureau he overnighted ceritified checks. Upon asking for all the bounced check fees fo $12 he yelled at me and said he would send a check, we are still waiting. HE IS A CONMAN and do not do business here or leave any product in his possion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2014 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Furman/Select-StateProvince/The-Furman-William-Sher-Fursher-New-York-NY-Bounced-Checks-Lied-and-owns-a-very-poorly-1131272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Furman