Complaint Review: The Furniture Plaza

• Updated: Fri, February 08, 2013

• Reported By: Gail — Illinois United States of America
The Furniture Plaza
609 Route 109 Internet United States of America

The Furniture Plaza d/b/a Thr Place Furniture Galliers NO TABLE - NO REFUND Internet

We placed an order for a Universal Brentwood Bedside Table, Order #100013935, $450.00, free shipping, in August, 2012.  That day the website said "In Stock" and "Delivery 4-6 weeks."

I called several times.  Two of those times I talked to the customer service manager.  I kept being told that the manufacturer had not scheduled this item for shipment yet.  When I talked to the service manager the week before Thanksgiving (approx. 12 weeks after placing the order), he said the manufacturer still had not scheduled the item for shipment.

I asked him to cancel the order and issue a refund.  He put me on hold, came back and said he had processed the request.  A month later I had not received the refund.

I called again and finally got someone in accounting.  "Janice" explained that the reason I had not gotten a refund is that after that length of time, the system had been purged of my credit card number, and that I would have to sign a waiver saying that I understand I will receive a check refund and that I would not contact my credit card company in order to duplicate the refund.

I e-mailed the waiver back to her.  This week I tried Janice's number/extension which was no longer in service and was referred to another number in another area code.  Got an answering machine.  I left a message today, but have NO faith that I will receive a call and/or refund.  I also tried the original main number, and was told by Linda that the on-line store really had nothing to do with the physical store; she couldn't help me; and that the on-line store is really called The Furniture Plaza.  (Although the letterhead of the waiver I signed says The Place Furniture Galleries.)

For your own sake, do not place an order with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Furniture-Plaza/internet/The-Furniture-Plaza-dba-Thr-Place-Furniture-Galliers-NO-TABLE-NO-REFUND-Internet-1010965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Furniture Plaza