Complaint Review: The General Insurance

• Updated: Sat, April 20, 2013

• Reported By: Michelle Clark — Kansas City Missouri
The General Insurance

The General Insurance Poor response to accident claims Internet

I had an accident on a Friday evening and called to report the incident. However there was no adjusters available until Monday to speak with.

I needed a rental and had to wait 2 days before I could talk to the company about getting the approval for the rental. They are closed on weekends.

It took them 3 days after the initial call from the adjuster on Monday to get an adjuster out to access the damage.

The same day I get a call stating that the VIN number on record didn't match my car. When providing the VIN # to the rep, it was recorded incorrectly. I faxed a copy of the bill of sale to get the issue resolved on a Thursday. Left multiple messages with the adjuster to call and confirm it was received and to also confirm we could rectify the mistake. It is now Saturday, no return call and of course they are CLOSED. 1 week and 1 day after the accident I still don't have any idea when I am able to take my car to the shop. RIDICULOUS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2013 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-General-Insurance/internet/The-General-Insurance-Poor-response-to-accident-claims-Internet-1044869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The General Insurance