Complaint Review: The Global Connection

• Submitted: Mon, February 28, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, March 31, 2005

• Reported By:Goshen Indiana
The Global Connection
7950 E. Acoma Drive Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

The Global Connection work at home ripoff Scottsdale Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Big Club -- Many Members!

*Consumer Comment: FTC Receivership The Global Connection, also with sister companies, United Traders, World Traders,

To Whom It May Concern:

In mid December, 2004, I utilized Google's search engine to find a home based business opportunity in the wholesale/surplus domestic distribution and import/export industry. One of the opportunities I found was with The Global Connection of Scottsdale, Arizona. I made contact with TGC and talked to a recruiter named George Garrigus of California.

After exchanging several e-mails and telephone calls with George, George released the names and telephone numbers of several TGC affiliates. I called and talked to all of the affiliates.

Then, on January, 11th 2005 I sent a check to TGC for $3,975 to become an affiliate. In exchange for the $3975.00 I was to receive over 3000 pages of reference and training materials, complete hands on training in the set up and on-going operation of an affiliate's business, interactive training with a personal mentor, toll free telephone and fax communication for the training, and much more.

When TGC received my check, I was contacted by a TGC representative named Karen; I do not know her last name. Karen's job was to help new affiliates set up their home offices and to make sure that all paperwork was done properly. I completed and submitted, via fax and e-mail, my paperwork for TGC to Karen on Friday January, 28th 2005.

After I submitted my paperwork I attempted to call Karen at TGC, but I could not reach her so I left a message. Karen never returned my phone call. As a result, on Friday evening I began to worry.

Then, on Monday morning January, 31 2005 I called TGC and received a busy signal. Throughout the remainder of the day and the week I attempted to call Karen and George numerous times but every time I called, I relieved a busy signal. In addition, I wrote and sent numerous e-mail messages and never received a response. Also, I immediately called all of the affiliates on the list that I had received from George.

On Monday January, 31st approximately half of them disconnected their telephone service and the other half refused to return my messages. I was only able to make contact with one affiliate. An affiliate who claims to lives in Australia. It was a short conversation, he was in a horrible mood and he would not divulge any information. Then, a few days later he disconnected his telephone too. To this day, February, 24 2005 I have not been contacted my any TGC representative or affiliate.

If anyone has any information as to what happened to The Global Connection or if anyone has any information about any of the people listed below, please contact me immediately. Thank You!

President of TGC: Shannon Holden

Kevin
Goshen, Indiana

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Work at Home Scams

click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Home Based Businesses

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2005 10:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Global-Connection/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/The-Global-Connection-work-at-home-ripoff-Scottsdale-Arizona-133235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Global Connection

Big Club -- Many Members!

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

The Global Connection & World Traders -- scam.
Same company & same People "work" at both!

Even their list of "associates" are much the same!!
I was given a list of 11 World Traders associates to call and check out the success stories for myself. Yes, I was scammed too.

Now I see several names on your Global Connection associate list that were also on my World trader associate list!

I fell for the World Traders song & Dance in 2003 and I am still making bank loan payments for the experience.
I paid $6,990.00 for this royal treatment.
(my rip-off report was filed 4/2/03).

So what are we to do? Any suggestion?

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

International Merchandise Group, Transglobal, Musketeer Partners, Fullfillment Options, etc, etc have been placed into receivership by the Federal Trade Commission. You may have indeed been on the last to be bilked. You need to proceed to www.ftc.org to file a complaint and get more detailed information. There are also numerous entries under the above named "businesses." Sorry, but it is a great big club.