Complaint Review: The Global Directory Of Who's Who

• Submitted: Wed, June 13, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, September 25, 2008

• Reported By:La Grange Park Illinois
The Global Directory Of Who's Who
4250 Veterans Highway, Suite 2050 Holbrook, New York U.S.A.

The Global Directory Of Who's Who Dishonest sales practice and Charging of products not ordered ripoff Holbrook New York

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Allegations of "Dishonest Practice"

*Author of original report: The Global Directory Of Who's Who Dishonest sales practice and Charging of products not ordered, Holbrook, New York

*Author of original report: The Global Directory Of Who's Who, Holbrook, New York: Dishonest sales practice and charging of products not ordered

After learning this, I informed her that I was not interested to purchase the membership anymore. I contacted her again the same day to confirm that I did not want to purchase the membership (in fact, this was within the 3-day cancellation period policy of The Global Directory of Who's Who). Nevertheless, The Global Directory of Who's Who charged my credit card for $967.99 for a lifetime membership and the directory book without my consent.

The company has failed to get me a refund even though I contacted them on 06/06/07 after I notice their charge in my credit card statement.

Andres
La Grange Park, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2007 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Global-Directory-Of-Whos-Who/Holbrook-New-York-11741/The-Global-Directory-Of-Whos-Who-Dishonest-sales-practice-and-Charging-of-products-not-or-254166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Global Directory Of Who's Who

AUTHOR: Jeff Turner - (U.S.A.)

The Global Directory of Who's Who is an annual publisher of biographical profiles of professional men and women in various fields. While we have conducted tens of thousands of transactions wihtout incident, we take very seriously any report of dissatisfaction or wrong doings from any one of our esteemed members.

While we do our absolute best to make sure our people have the most accurate and up to date information, unfortunately misunderstandings do take place. If a complaint is made about an employee of our company, we do our due diligence to insure every attempt to resolve a situation.

As we hold our standard of service and business practice to an extremely high level, we would not jeopardize our name and/or reputation for any amount of money. However, as a result of these allegations, we have terminated the individuals named in the report and have updated our business protocols to make sure no future misunderstandings take place.

We want to make clear that purchases into The Global Directory of Who's Who are not mandatory nor an obligation. Once a member is accepted, we explain the programs we make available for those looking to enhance thier listings, receive the books and/or the plaque as a keepsake, or for those looking for new business prospecting.

We do urge any potential members or interested parties to visit our website at www.theglobalwhoswho.com and visit our testimonial page. We ask that that our reputation not be staked on the actions a few bad apples who have been dealt with internally.

On behalf of The Global Directory of Who's Who, we wish you many years of good health and success.

Jeff Turner

AUTHOR: Andres - (U.S.A.)

A sales representative from the Global Directory of Who's Who (Ms. Mary Michaels) contacted me by phone on 05/21/07 to sell me a 5-year or lifetime membership in the Global Directory of Who's Who. At the beginning of the telephone conversation, I agree to purchase the membership since I was led to believe that the membership included the directory book. Only after I gave her my account information, the salesperson informed me that an additional $199.00 + shipping and handling fees would also be charged to my credit card account for the directory book.

After learning this, I informed her in the same telephone conversation that I did not want to purchase any of the memberships nor the directory book and advised her not to place the order without my permission. Moreover, I contacted Ms. Michaels again later on the same day to confirm that I did not want to place the order of any of the memberships nor the directory book. In this regard, this was within the 3-day cancellation period policy of the Global Directory of Who's Who. Nevertheless, the Global Directory of Who's Who charged my account for $967.99 for a lifetime membership + the directory book without my permission.

I contacted Mr. Conar Walsh, Executive Director of The Global Directory of Whos Who, on 06/06/07 regarding a refund. Mr. Walsh refused to get me a full refund and informed me that he would only give me a refund of $519.00 for the directory book and a downgrade from a lifetime to a 5-year membership since the company had already incurred in some expenses. In this telephone conversation, Mr. Walsh threatened me with the full loss of $967.99 if I disputed these charges with my credit card and advised me to take the partial refund offer without disputing the charges.

The Global Directory of Whos Who placed a refund of $519.00 on my credit card on 06/17/07. I am disputing the remaining charges of $448.99 for the 5-year membership that was charged into my credit card account without my permission.

AUTHOR: Andres - (U.S.A.)

Ms. Mary Michaels, a sales representative from The Global Directory of Who's Who, contacted me on 05/21/07 to sell me a 5-year or lifetime membership in The Global Directory of Who's Who. I agree to buy the membership since I was led by Ms. Michaels to believe that the membership included the directory book. Only after I gave her my information, she informed me that an additional $199.00 was going to be charged to my credit card account for the directory book. After learning this, I informed her that I was not interested to purchase the membership anymore. I contacted her again the same day to confirm that I did not want to purchase the membership (in fact, this was within the 3-day cancellation period policy of The Global Directory of Who's Who).

Nevertheless, The Global Directory of Who's Who charged my credit card for $967.99 for a lifetime membership and the directory book without my consent. The company has failed to get me a refund after I contacted them on 06/06/07 after noticing this charge in my credit card statement.