Complaint Review: The Grant People - Bob Bernadino - Spencer Hamilton

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2008

• Reported By:Bend Oregon
The Grant People - Bob Bernadino - Spencer Hamilton
4550 West Oakey Blvd., Suite 111 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

The Grant People - Bob Bernadino - Spencer Hamilton Misrepresentation and criminal activity related to grant writing services Las Vegas Nevada

My FTC filing number in this matter is 12714579. To research my complaint call 1-877-382-4357. If enough of you call, the FTC can help us.

My company retained the Grant People, Inc. on December 3, 2007 to write grants for my Women's Owned Business. My first alert came when they provided a very sloppy grant search that not only misrepresented what my company did, included search results of foundations only releasing funds to residents of California or funds to public benefit entities. I am located in Oregon.

I went through a series of efforts to contact the company so that no letter be written that misrepresented my company.

A phone call was scheduled with the Director of Corporate Funding to clear up misunderstandings, and I submitted my business plan prior to that call.

I was contacted by Spencer Hamilton and instead of discussing the plan and clearing up misunderstandings, he informed me he had a grant available now for $350,000 that required a complex report from my company within 10 days. Since this was impossible for my company to perform, he indicated a company they outsource to, called National Professional Filings, could produce this report for $14,500. In addition a 501 c 3 corp. would have to be filed on my behalf and that I could use one they currently had Community Impact Group, Inc. This 501 c 3 could be added onto and mine would be called Dianne's Community Impact Group, Inc.

I told him I would have someone in my community provide those documents and terminated the call.

I called back later demanding the return of my retainer.

I have submitted a faxed demand for the return of my retainer.

I have also contacted the Federal Trade Commission requesting additiional information on who to contact if a class action suite was filed. They indicated that a letter would be sent from their office in the event a class action suit was filed.

If you feel you have been wronged please contact the FTC. I believe you can enter your complaint onto mine or request that the number I have provided be connected to yours.

Dianne
Bend, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2008 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-People-Bob-Bernadino-Spencer-Hamilton/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/The-Grant-People-Bob-Bernadino-Spencer-Hamilton-Misrepresentation-and-criminal-activit-300605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant People - Bob Bernadino - Spencer Hamilton