casual

• Submitted: Fri, July 27, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, July 27, 2007

• Reported By:Morehead Kentucky
The Grant People
4550 W. Oakley Blvd., Suite 111 Las Vegas,, Nevada U.S.A.

The Grant People Grant People Promises are all lies...No grants for you...Always asking for more money but not willing to come through for you. Las Vegas, Nevada

Early (April) of this year I thought about looking into grants to help my new business be a sucess, being a minority female business owner in the construction line. The Grant People responded with what sounded like something to good to be true. I was right, it was too good to be true. They said for $5000 they could get me a $200,000 grant for my business. If I send them $2500, they do all the paperwork and write all these letters on my behalf and they promised me $200,000. If I do not get a grant within a year they will contunie working for me and I only pay the other $2500 when the first $100,000 is put in an account for me.

Within 3 months I got a phone call wanting $12,000 to set me up as non-profit. I would then get $400,000 in grant money. When I told them that I did not want to do the non-profit because it sounded a little shady to me, how can a non-profit pay a profit business???? Just does not make sence. But when I told them to proceed with the orginal plans, I have not heard back from them. I call and can never speak to anyone. They are never available, or on the phone, and Michael Wheeler, the guy that set me up and took my $2500 is no longer in that department he has supposable moved up the ladder somewhere.

They did send me a list of possible organizations to supply me with the grant, however, the organizations listed only give to non-profit or homeless agencys. I am neither of these.

I did finally get to speak to someone, and all they could tell me was that it takes time to write all these letters on my behalf and it is a first come first serve letter writing. So I have to wait 4 to 5 months to see any results at all. This however is just a game of thiers, buying time is all they are doing.

I have copies of everything except the phone calls and I think my next step is a law suite against The Grant People. There is no grants here to be had.

I hope they are put out of business so no more unexpecting people will be taken advantage of. I for one could really use the $2500 I gave them for more usefull things to upgrade my business.

C
Morehead, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2007 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-People/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/The-Grant-People-Grant-People-Promises-are-all-liesNo-grants-for-youAlways-asking-fo-263620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant People