Complaint Review: The Grant People

• Submitted: Thu, February 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 28, 2008

• Reported By:West Glacier Montana
The Grant People
4550 West Oakey Blvd., Suite 111 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

The Grant People, I saved a $14500.00 Grant People. Inc. ripoff with Ripoff Report. Las Vegas Nevada

On November 30, 2006 an associate with The Grant People, Inc. talked me into paying them $1500.00 to initiate a grant. Little occurred. The few contacts they appeared to arrange on my behalf were ineffective and the letters I saw could have been written by any 7th grade English student. Today, I was approached again. I came within a breath of falling for an extremely smooth request for $14,500.00 in order to procure a $750,000.00 grant. With a dear friend's help, we started searching for information about the company and found a plethora of sad stories. This business should be investigated, some money should be returned to victims and some Grant People need to serve some time.

I faxed a copy of my check and the contract to The Grant People today. Tomorrow I am supposed to FedEx the original check billed to their FedEx account and call Spencer with the tracking number. I will call him and tell him the package is on the way but instead of opening the envelope to see my check, Spencer will see the following letter:

Dear Spencer,
This is going to be wonderful. I am going to have an extra $14,500.00. I might buy a new Harley. What were you going to do with the money?
I will include printouts of Ripoff Reports about this "business". Thank you and if any class action suits are filed against The Grant People, Inc., I would like to be included.

Ron
West Glacier, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2008 10:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-People/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/The-Grant-People-I-saved-a-1450000-Grant-People-Inc-ripoff-with-Ripoff-Report-Las-Ve-313198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant People