Complaint Review: The Grant People

• Submitted: Tue, March 25, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 25, 2008

• Reported By:Natchez Mississippi
The Grant People
4550 W. Oakey Blvd: Suite 111 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

The Grant People - Patrica Nicholson - Brian, Justine This company is a total fraud; What can I do to get my money back? Las Vegas Nevada

I too was taken in by this company. I wanted to apply for funding to support my business; however I do not have any experience in writing grants so I went online to find a company for assistance.

I contacted this company and was told that I would be guaranteed anything from 100,000 to 500,000 dollars. I contacted my attorney who in turn checked them out through the Better Business Bureau of Nevada and was told that the company was legit. Someone lied.

I sent them the initial 2500.00 that they asked for. A few months went by and I had not heard anything from anyone, so I contacted the company and was told that they were still awaiting word from the companies that they had submitted proposals to. I waited awhile longer and Brian contacted me saying that they had a company ready to award me funds in the amount of $376,000 but I need to submit something called an RFP which was a 400-600 page document to them with 30 days. I told him that was impossible.

He contacted me a few days later and told me that there was a company that they worked with from time to time to help other clients do this but their fee was $14,500. I told him there was no way I could send him that amount of money. He called back a couple of days later and told me that the company would be willing to accept 5,000.00 from me and would take the balance from my funding. I agreed. I sent $5,000.00 and I have not heard from anyone since.

I have tried contacting the company on numerous occassions. The first couple of times I was told that Brian was busy and he would return my phone call. Now when I call I don't get an answer at all and I have yet to hear from anyone.

Add me to the list!

Tracy-mississippi
Natchez, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-People/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/The-Grant-People-Patrica-Nicholson-Brian-Justine-This-company-is-a-total-fraud-What-321113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant People