Complaint Review: The Grant People

• Submitted: Fri, May 09, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 09, 2008

• Reported By:San Francisco California
The Grant People
8550 W. Desert Inn Rd., Ste 102-125 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

The Grant People Took my money, took more, no results, no refund after multiple requests. Filed FTC Complaint. YOU SHOULD TOO!!! FTC 877 382-4357 Las Vegas Nevada

I have filed a complaint with the FTC 877 382-4357. IF they decide to file a class action lawsuit I am hoping this will get me on the plantiffs & get my money back. A few simple questions.

In 2005 I gave them $2,500 downpayment on the grant seach (1/2 - balance to be paid from grant). When they asked for my business plan I didn't have one and they offered their experts to write one $1,750 (1/2 - balance to be paid grom grant). Several grant offerings were faxed to me. Many of them were not appropriate - i.e. NO Individuals; Non-Profit only. I OK'd them. No grants received.

I have requested my money back by phone & letter & email. No response.

Their best skill, figuring out how much you might be able to scrape up and making that 1/2 of the cost of whatever service they offer you. I borrowed from my family. How embarassing : - (

File a complaint with the FTC 877 382-4357. The more the better.

Jeanne
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2008 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-People/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89117/The-Grant-People-Took-my-money-took-more-no-results-no-refund-after-multiple-requests-331734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant People