Complaint Review: The Grant Professor

• Reported By:missouri city Texas
The Grant Professor
www.thegrantaccessclub.com Internet U.S.A.

The Grant Professor THE GRANT PROFESSOR WEBSITE - FRAUDULENT!!! Internet utah

I was searching online for information regarding applying for a grant and this website looked appealing, with just a one-time access fee of $1.95 to get information on writing a grant. After logging in to the website, I realized that it was useful information so i did not bother going back in, thinking it's ok, I only spent $1.95. Lo and behold, after a week, I saw this charge on my debit card for $76.21 and when I called the number, they said that they charged me because I did not cancel my 7-day trial period. Absurd and deceiving because there was nothing shown in the "terms and conditions" box that you have to click to request for the information. All it asked for was my email address and address, and I put in my cc info so they can charge the $1.95.

The rep on the phone told me that it had these terms at the very bottom of the page, in red letters. It was indeed a scam because normally, the "terms and conditions" are shown before the small box that you click. Now, I have to dispute this with my bank.

BE CAREFUL! This company is a scam!!!

Karen SC
missouri city, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2009 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Grant-Professor/internet/The-Grant-Professor-THE-GRANT-PROFESSOR-WEBSITE-FRAUDULENT-Internet-utah-459695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Grant Professor